Our client, a crown corporation in the public sector, is seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join the team.
This role is a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Intermediate Accountant will assist with accounting activities and operations of the Finance department including month-end process and payroll reconciliation.
This person will participate in various areas including identifying internal controls over financial reporting.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Prepare payroll journal entries
- Prepare reconciliation between payroll and accounting system
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with accounting month-end and processing GL transactions as required to support financial reporting
- Assist with revenue and expense analysis
- Assist in setting up and maintaining the Accounting system
- Distribute monthly budget reports and assist with analyzing and reporting on actual and budget variances
- Ensure GST, payroll taxes, and remittances and filings are completed according to all statutory deadlines
- Assist in preparing general reporting
- Assist in providing guidance to the Junior Accountant
- Support other finance team members as necessary
- Assist with other ad hoc activities
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Previous experience in an accounting role within a professional organization
- Strong demonstrable skills in Excel, Outlook, Word, and Accounting Systems
- Moderate to advanced proficiency in Excel, including formulas, pivot tables, and data manipulation
- Previous financial reporting experience
- At least 2 years of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Payroll, Microsoft Dynamics GP and PeopleSoft considered is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Collaborative work style and strong work ethic
- Self - motivated individual; flexible and adaptable
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and schedules
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Compensation: $57K - $63K
- 4 weeks vacation pro rated to the duration of the term
- Full benefits
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Open-door policy
- A highly stable organization with strong job security
- Dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to make the role your own and take initiative!
Interviews will be taking place immediately, please apply with your resume (cover letter not required)
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your resume.