Our client, a highly established and building materials company, has an opportunity for a Warehouse Team Lead to join their team.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Team Lead is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, including task assignment, product knowledge expertise, and limited HR functions. Additional responsibilities include shipping, receiving, and quality control inspection and reporting.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Assist sales and customer service teams with customer service solutions, including troubleshooting and product specifications.
- Develop and lead product knowledge training sessions for the warehouse team and other staff as required.
- Guide and monitor product knowledge sessions of warehouse team members.
- Oversee stock rotation and ensure FIFO protocol is followed.
- Ensure efficiencies in stock allocation and warehouse mapping.
- Duties as required by the Warehouse Manager during their absence.
- Picking and packing orders.
- Receiving, counting, verifying and sorting truck and container shipments. Attention to detail is essential.
- Safe operation of battery and fuel-powered equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, generator).
- Loading of outbound freight onto trucks and customer vehicles.
- Ability to work in all types of weather and appropriate clothing and footwear is required.
- Ensure incoming shipments are unloaded and staged in a manner to allow for efficient receiving and QC inspection.
- Conduct, document and report QC inspections according to company specifications of incoming product.
- Work closely with Warehouse Manager and Procurement Director to resolve any defects or potential issues.
- General maintenance and labor involved in the day to day operation of the warehouse.
- Offer customer service to walk-in customers demonstrating product knowledge and customer service skills.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Previous experience in warehouse shipping/receiving and ideally leadership
- Must be currently certified to operate a forklift
- Valid certification: First Aid for Industry (OFA Level 1 Equivalent)
- Must have the ability and desire to work under pressure, alone and with others, in a busy warehouse handling time-sensitive orders.
- A high degree of accuracy is necessary to succeed at this job.
- Must be able to problem-solve, demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math skills.
- Must be organized, take initiative, and be able to prioritize.
- Must be capable and willing to follow strict procedures that ensure all transactions are transparent and the highest possible level of customer service and satisfaction is achieved.
- Must be adaptable and flexible, dependable and operate with integrity.
- Customer service experience is required. English fluency is a must.
- Must be a handy person and have some carpentry and related experience; building shelving units and crates is required.
- A solid work ethic. The successful candidate values a good attendance record, is consistently punctual, has reliable transportation.
- Must be in good physical condition. Daily duties involve bending and lifting.
- Must have steel-toed boots.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel required.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Salary $45K to 49K (depending on experience)
- Competitive extended health & dental benefits plan offered
- 8:00am to 4:30pm Mon-Fri hours
- Ongoing product training
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.