TPD is currently supporting our clients in their search for qualified English Teachers to join their team in Vancouver for both part-time and full-time roles.
Are you a driven teacher who is looking for a fun, great opportunity to teach some amazing students, learn a uniquely innovative Humanities curriculum as well as receive very competitive pay?
iGPS (Grammaticus Platform Solution) is a leading learning program in North America with a presence in Vancouver, Europe, and Asia. We have two thriving campuses in Vancouver while also running an innovative virtual program since 2017. iGPS owns an innovative curriculum that has supported thousands of students from G1-G12 as well as the university. Our staff hail from all over the world as they teach both in-person and virtually.
An innovator in the private education sector, iGPS attracts students and staff who expect much for themselves, are very driven, and are results-oriented. We instil in our students a love for learning, a deep passion for the Humanities, and an appreciation for critical thinking.
We are currently in need of qualified part-time and full-time teachers in the following courses:
- G3-G12 Reading & Writing (English)
- AP courses: English Language & Literature, Humanities, Educucation, Social Studies and History.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will be responsible for
- Following season plans and research on the material prior to delivery
- Prepare lesson materials, grade papers, manage the classroom, and evaluate and give feedback to students
- Exercise open and respectful communication with families, co-workers, supervisors, and other school staff
- Measure progress and accomplishments of students towards their academic achievements on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
- Create and keep records on attendance, accidents, incidents, and other noteworthy events in accordance with licensing guidelines and program policies
- Provide a safe, thriving, and respectful environment for all students in the classroom and on the school campus
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree, or higher from an accredited university
- Experience delivering educational material related to:
- G3-G12 Reading & Writing (English) Debate/Public Speaking
- English Language & Literature, Humanities, Educucation, Social Studies and History.
- AP courses: English Language & Literature, Government, US History
- Teaching credential/certificate/license for corresponding age/grade level is an asset
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships effectively and professionally with students
- Experience developing and implementing curriculum
- Proven ability to maintain a safe and studious classroom environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and implement age-appropriate curriculum
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN
- Very competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth
- Flexible working hours and schedule
- Ability to work remotely and in-person
Interviews are taking place right away and a cover letter is not required.
We look forward to receiving your resume.