Are you a certified crane operator?
Do you have 6+ months of experience?
Are you open to working a flexible schedule?
Then apply now, benefits are offered on day 1!
Our client is a global steel and mining company and the leading producer of infrastructure steel products. They provide high-quality products and services to customers, have achieved the highest production efficiency among their competitors, and foster a work environment for employee development.
Based in North Portland, we're hiring Bridge Crane Operators!
YOU'D BE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
- Are a certified crane operator or have the ability to obtain a certification
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule - rotating schedule (days and nights) - 12 hour shifts, 4-5 days a week or can work straight nights shifts -
- Lift 50+ lbs
- Handle working in an environment where heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise are common
- Work well with a team and bring a positive attitude
- Maintain safety standards
- Have previous experience in logistics or experience working in a fast paced environment to process, stage, and move products throughout the yard. Knowledge of product flow, plate movement and storage within the department, preferred
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Benefits starting on day 1, including family medical, dental, vision, and a 401K with a 5% matching program!
- Competitive wages starting at $25 per hour + overtime pay! + shift differential $.85/ hr
- Permanent, stable work with an organization committed to employee growth
- Paid time off package with 10 holidays plus vacation
- Growth and Apprenticeship opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program, Flex-Spend Account, and Health Savings Account
- Employer paid voluntary life insurance and short term disability programs
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Operating overhead cranes and bridge cranes to process, stage, and move large steel slabs to appropriate locations.
- Loading rail cars, trucks and pre-packing material, setting up in-process stations, digging steel out of piles, and assisting the mill with organizing and logistics of products
- Communicate and provide support to maintenance personnel when troubleshooting errors and assist crane chasers as needed for setting up railcars
- Assist in organizing the floor putting material in the proper locations to avoid double handling or bottle necking certain areas of processing and loading
- Filling out crane inspection reports and perform shipping duties as required
TPD is a leading workforce solutions provider.
Our mission is to help YOU succeed by providing access to opportunities - jobs, careers, and professional development. We partner with over 200 top companies across North America with a focus on placing Warehouse & Distribution staff.
From flexible to permanent positions, we help people start careers, change careers, and advance careers in a way that works for you.
Let’s get to work!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
We appreciate all applications for this role worldwide, but we can only move forward applications in the local area in Oregon, as well as within the United States. We currently do not offer work visas and permits for this position. Thank you for your interest!