[TPD is looking for Geotechnical Engineers to join a fantastic team with our client in Alberta. This is an amazing opportunity to join a great team with opportunities for growth. This position offers the ability to be located either on site in Grande Cache, or based out of the Calgary office]
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Pay of $110,000.00 - $138,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday work schedule
Company-supplied housing (If positioned in Grande Cache)
Amazing benefits program
Breathtaking Mountain Views
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- The geotechnical engineer’s primary responsibility will be for the geotechnical monitoring of slope stability, including the interpretation, analysis, maintenance and upgrades to two real time monitoring systems, a geodetic prism network and slope scanning radar. This responsibility extends to other geotechnical systems currently used which include VWPs and Slope Inclinometers. Regular visual inspections of the operating areas and reporting of such to regulatory agencies and management.
- Additionally the geotechnical engineer will be responsible for contributing to the planning of future mining areas (surface and underground) by contributing to the development of geotechnical planning parameters from historical data, back-analysis of slope failures, maintenance of a geotechnical testing databases, and input to geotechnical test drilling programs (in conjunction with the geology department). Other planning tasks of this position include stability analysis of pit and dump designs.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 8+ years experience
- A Bachelor of Science (Engineering) in Geotechnical, Geological or Civil Engineering is required.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in good standing with APEGA, or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. in Alberta is required.
- Safety attitude and personal commitment to an incident-free work place
- Well-developed understanding of mining operations including capabilities of a surface mining
- Well-developed knowledge and ability in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database
- and presentation computer applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrated flexibility in responding to
- changing priorities
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and maps
- Supervisory skills to coach, train and mentor others
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
TPD is a leading workforce solutions provider.
Our mission is to help YOU succeed by providing access to opportunities - jobs, careers, and professional development. We partner with over 200 top companies across North America with a focus on placing Business Professionals, Warehouse & Distribution staff, and technical Mining and Aviation staff.
From flexible to permanent positions, we help people start careers, change careers, and advance careers in a way that works for you.
Let’s get to work!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.