We are looking for Heavy Duty Mechanic for an international drilling company. This is a dynamic role that will allow for growth and further training within the drilling and mining industry.
- Disassemble and reassemble components such as engines, transmissions, cooling systems, fuel and exhaust systems, brakes, clutches, differentials, hydraulics, electrical systems and lubrication systems
- Inspect and test to detect faults and malfunctions in drill units, diesel compressors, hydraulic support equipment, high pressure water pumps
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Perform duties that range from routine preventative maintenance to repairing major breakdowns, including troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Contributing to the development of apprentices and working as part of a team to accomplish maintenance goals and targets.
- Service attachments and working tools
- Verify and repair emission control systems
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience with industrial heavy equipment including hydraulic equipment, diesel engines and compressors, high-pressure water pumps, drill units, diesel trucks, crawlers, and pumps
- Ability to diligently organize work, make decisions, and set priorities
- Valid driver’s licence
- Previous experience working on drilling and mining equipment is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Complete and pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test