Do you have high attention to detail?
Are you safety oriented?
Then apply now!
Our client, a North American leader in steel products, provides high-quality products and services to customers, has achieved the highest production efficiency among their competitors, and fosters a work environment for employee development. The company prides itself on diversity, inclusion, and equality. They strive to become known as an industry leader that provides opportunities for their people to grow and their Quality department has one of the best training programs in the industry! Currently, we're hiring 4 Quality Control Technicians! No experience is necessary!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Operating a plasma torch, cutting torch, and burn table - the position requires cutting steel and preparing samples for lab testing
- Prepare steel samples using CNC and manual lathes, saws, milling machines, and grinders
- Handle inventory, data entry, inspection reports, and organizing samples
- Operating various machinery, hand tools, measuring instruments to conduct inspections
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
What You Bring:
- DIRECT HIRE!
- Benefits starting on day 1, including family medical, dental, vision, and a 401K with a 5% matching program!
- Competitive wages starting at $20/hour with the opportunity to increase wages prior to 6 months
- Monthly bonus - 14% of wages (estimated $300-$500 a month)
- Quarterly bonuses available!
- Permanent, stable work with an organization committed to employee growth
- Paid time off package with 10 holidays plus vacation
- Growth and Apprenticeship opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program, Flex-Spend Account, and Health Savings Account
- Employer-paid voluntary life insurance and short term disability programs
- Experience in a Quality role is preferred, but candidates without will still be considered
- The ability to stand on your feet for the entire 12 hour shift
- A desire to operate machinery and tools
- The ability to handle working in an environment where heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust, and noise are common
- The ability to work well with others and having a positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Safety oriented mindset
- The ability to lift 50+ lbs
6 am - 6 pm, or 6pm - 6 am - Monday- Friday (20 hours of overtime weekly)
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.