Our client, a leader in the automotive servicing, sales, and rental industry, has a rare opportunity for a National Learning & Development Manager to join their successful and growing team!
This opportunity is 100% in office and can be split between their Delta and Abbotsford locations.
The National Learning & Development Manager is responsible for the design, development and facilitation of unparalleled learning experiences for the company's internal learning offerings.
In this role, the position works through the full cycle of learning and development programs from analysis to implementation, facilitation and evaluation (ability to measure ROI on training).
The position uses both formal and informal knowledge of adult learning principles to support learners and their growth through sustained learning opportunities.
A blend of content development and facilitation is required in this role. Reporting to the Director of People & Culture and in collaboration with the General Managers and National Operations Managers, the incumbent independently manages assigned projects and may oversee the work of consultants, subject matter experts, and staff.
What you do:
What you have:
- Work closely with people managers across the business to ensure training and employee development align with the company’s organizational values and meet the objectives of evolving organizational needs and long-term business strategy
- Develop core, behavioural and functional competencies to support recruitment and selection, learning and development, career development, performance management and succession management
- Analyze performance gaps and recommend solutions to close gaps related to knowledge, skills and behavior, and oversee the creation and implementation of the company's leadership development framework that will foster and enhance the growth of our leaders
- Provide project management and implementation of leadership and professional development training programs and training events to include annual delivery calendar, project plans, resources planning, and budget management
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and deliver course content and training programs, using appropriate instructional design including digital learning
- Maintain new and ongoing relationships with external vendors and networks to ensure currency and relevancy of training industry trends and best practices; leverage knowledge to implement solutions to improve/enhance strategies, programs and processes
- Source, evaluate and negotiate contracts with third party vendors. Partner with the consultants to design training content and manage their performance where applicable
- Provide direction and subject matter expertise to support the utilization of the Learning Management System (LMS), and identify and maximize opportunities to utilize technology for training content, ensuring cutting edge and modernized training solutions online for our learning demographic (video, online learning modules and tracking systems)
- Utilize data to monitor, measure, report on the efficiency and effectiveness of learning programs, tools, systems and processes. Provide learning and development updates to the Leadership Team and General Managers
- Bring subject matter expertise and a consultative mindset to assess the current state and create/refresh talent programs including talent assessment, succession planning, performance measurement and metrics, high priority talent identification and development
- In collaboration with key Leaders, participate in the development of departmental plans and be responsible for the development and implementation of activities and programs designed to meet the intention of specific strategic priorities
- Participate as a member of various management and inter-departmental teams in the planning, implementation and management of business initiatives
- Plan, implement and review departmental staffing requirements for areas of responsibility, including the determination of clear position descriptions, accountabilities and reporting arrangements to optimize service delivery to all stakeholders
- Participate in the planning and the review of departmental operating costs as it relations to learning and development, particularly with regard to staff training requirements
What you receive
- Excellent change leadership qualities, sharp business acumen, and facilitation skills.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interface with all contacts including all levels of business.
- Strong customer service orientation while managing a breadth of responsibilities.
- Effective decision-making, planning and initiative, while fostering the development of all of these competencies in the company’s emerging leaders for succession planning.
- Must also be an engaging and influential facilitator with a passion for developing people.
- Ability to build rapport with employees and integrate our Values and HHS.
- A university degree in adult learning, human resources, business or a related discipline
- Must have at least 5 years’ progressive relevant experience at a senior level in designing and delivering leadership development programs, leading a learning function in a fast paced sales & retail environment, and team leadership, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Formal training in learning and/or leadership
- Formal training in Lean Six Sigma and/or similar Continuous Improvement training an asset
- Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of learning initiatives and programs
- Strong understanding and current knowledge of effective adult learning theories, instructional design and development methods
- Experience implementing and supporting e-learning platforms and practices, and learning technologies
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Strong job security
- Ample room for career growth
- Supportive colleagues and managers
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Find out why this organization has so many long term employees!
This is an immediate opening and cover letters are not required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume.