Are you looking for a long term opportunity to grow?
Are you open to working a flexible schedule?
Then apply now, we have direct hire positions available!
Our client is a global steel and mining company and the leading producer of infrastructure steel products. They provide high-quality products and services to customers, have achieved the highest production efficiency among their competitors, and foster a work environment for employee development.
Based in North Portland, we're hiring Entry Level Crane Chasers and General Helpers! No experience is necessary!
YOU'D BE A GREAT FIT IF YOU CAN:
- Stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Work a flexible rotating schedule (days and nights) - 12 hour shifts, 4-5 days a week
- Lift 50+ lbs
- Handle working in an environment where heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise are common
- Work well with a team and bring a positive attitude
- Maintain safety standards
- Learn to operate Heavy Equipment (Forklift and Cranes- Operating Technician)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Benefits starting on day 1, including family medical, dental, vision, and a 401K with a 5% matching program!
- Competitive wages starting at $20/hour + overtime pay!
- Permanent, stable work with an organization committed to employee growth
- Paid time off package with 10 holidays plus vacation
- Growth and Apprenticeship opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program, Flex-Spend Account, and Health Savings Account
- Employer paid voluntary life insurance and short term disability programs
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Load an unload machinery, transporting materials by lifting up to 50 lbs with frequent movement
- Set up, operate and inspect equipment and assisting the mill with moving metal plates to various locations
- Keep the milling running by removing plate from the mill roll lines and monitor for quality
- Communicate and provide support to maintenance personnel when troubleshooting errors
- Organize materials on the floor to assist with processing and loading products on rail cars, pre-pack materials, and digging out materials for samples or further processing needs
TPD is a leading workforce solutions provider.
Our mission is to help YOU succeed by providing access to opportunities - jobs, careers, and professional development. We partner with over 200 top companies across North America with a focus on placing Warehouse & Distribution staff.
From flexible to permanent positions, we help people start careers, change careers, and advance careers in a way that works for you.
Let’s get to work!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.