Our client, a leader in manufacturing, has a rare opportunity for a Plant Manager to join their team.
This person will direct and coordinate all manufacturing activity at the facility in order to meet and exceed operational goals and objectives in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, employee relations, customer service, product quality, cost, and productivity.
The Plant Manager is responsible for leading over 200 employees in our clients facility.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits
- Company vehicle
- 401k matching
- Lot of room for career growth
- Strong relocation package
- And more!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Direct and coordinate daily operations of the manufacturing facility
- Oversee all levels of staff on performance and efficiency
- Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Provide training and educational materials to staff as necessary
- Monitor equipment and ensure that they are in good working order
- Repair or replace plant equipment as needed
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Demonstrates values of integrity, humility, respect for others, teamwork and collaboration accountability and performance
- Experience with process safety management and creating a culture where all accidents are preventable
- Highly developed leadership, change management, interpersonal, communication and people management skills to drive plant performance
- Must be able to develop and coach managers and supervisors in a high performing environment
- Has demonstrated the ability to initiate critical conversations and provide timely feedback as needed
- Experience in fostering and maintaining a positive and productive labor relations environment in a union environment
- Leadership and manufacturing management experience in continuous improvement activities and driving results in safety, quality, service and productivity
- Strong skills in the areas of supply chain, production planning, scheduling, engineering, maintenance, management accounting, and project management
- Development and implementation of operational criteria to measure the achievement of plant objectives and efficiencies
- Experience with implementing systematic approaches to delivering and sustaining results
- Experience with maintenance management systems and proactive maintenance practices
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, and effective leadership characteristics working with all employees, support resources, sales, suppliers, customers and the local community
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma expertise a definite asset
- Bachelor of engineering degree (preference Mechanical engineering) with minimum 10 years plant manager experience or equivalent
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.