We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Plant Controller
(Ontario Based) to join our dynamic and growing team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, as well as working closely with plant's General Manager, the Manufacturing Plant Controller is responsible for all areas of financial accounting, reporting, management accounting, and system implementation.
The Manufacturing Controller will work closely across departments to optimize financial and operational performance and will provide input into all aspects of the planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of financial programs including budgeting, financial planning and payroll.
- Support and carry out all accounting and finance functions including, month-end/year-end closing entries, accruals, allocations, account reconciliations, and financial statement and analysis
- Oversight and management of standard costing, inventory processes and other manufacturing costs
- Provide insight to ensure the accounting, budgeting, payroll and auditing procedures are in place and functioning properly
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets periodic financial results, providing direction to the CFO and General Manager on significant variances and trends requiring immediate action or mitigation
- Assist the General Manager and onsite team in HR and payroll management in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements and monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required by the CFO and General Manager(s)
- Assist with corporate wide Implementation of ERP and related accounting and management software
- Manage the Accounting and Office team
What you get in return:
- CPA designation, along with a Bachelors degree in finance, business administration, accounting or economics.
- Substantial experience in financial reporting, budgeting, standard costing, staff management and forecasting and financial analysis.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to set the standard for operational efficiency, investing in world class processes and systems to maximize team and business results
- The intellectual and emotional intelligence to strategically partner cross-functionally in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The skills to set clear objectives and inspire oneself and others to reach their full capability and maximize their capacity
- A dedication to quality and investing in results that add tremendous value and drives the business at all times
- A proactive and entrepreneurial approach to executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- A keen eye and ability to identify, evaluate, and capitalize on business opportunities for today and tomorrow, maximizing top line and bottom-line impact
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Extended Health
- and more!