Our client, the award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre owned and operated by the BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo), is currently searching for a Lead Event Technician. Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Event Technical Services, the Lead Event Technician will serve as the primary contact for onsite event electrical/plumbing additions and changes. In accordance with Facility standards and the Canadian Electrical Code, this position will review, interpret and install event electrical requirements as outlined in event work orders and floor plans. You are a proven leader able to work effectively in a team environment to review, interpret and install electrical requirements for various events in accordance with Facility standards and the Canadian Electrical Code. The Lead Event Technician will be a fully certified and experienced electrical professional with the ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure to complete requirements accurately and safely.
- In accordance with Facility standards and the Canadian Electrical Code, reviews, interprets and installs event electrical and plumbing requirements as outlined in event work orders and floor plans.
- Works independently and provides leadership to the onsite team during scheduled shifts, including: on the job training, cross training, and general direction and guidance as necessary while performing work in one or more skilled trades.
- Onboards new staff and provide new employee training as requested.
- Serves as primary contact while on shift for onsite event electrical changes and additions.
- Serves as primary contact while on shift for onsite minor plumbing changes (basic hose connections) as needed
- Works within tight deadlines and under pressure to complete requirements safely and to standards.
- Exhibits creative and logical approaches to troubleshooting and problem solving; recognizes costs and requirements.
- Adheres to all work safety regulations and practices and maintains a safe working environment.
- Performs shop duties including testing, inspection and maintenance of electrical tools and equipment.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the electrician shop and work areas to a high standard.
- Assists in the planning of installations, provides recommendations and suggestions. Maintains an inventory list of equipment and orders basic supplies and consumables as necessary.
- Provides recommendations for new purchases to enhance services for our clients and guests.
- Assists with lighting adjustments and resetting of breakers as required. Provides assistance to base electricians and maintenance teams as directed.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs by yourself and up to 110lbs with the assistance of a 2nd person.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school certification or equivalent
- Full Entertainment (FE) Certification; OR
- Journey-person Red Seal Inter-Provincial Electrical Certification with event or entertainment industry experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the entertainment or event industry as a certified electrician
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and similar business software with the ability to learn new types of software
- Customer service experience dealing directly with clients is an asset
- Valid forklift and scissor lift certification are an asset
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including ability to follow instructions and provide clear directions
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong conflict management skills; maintains a positive attitude at all times.
- Maintains a safety sensitive environment, proactively identifying safety concerns, and manage/report accordingly
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as well the ability to work effectively in a team environment, with tight deadlines
- Work is performed primarily indoors; however, must be mentally and physically able to deal with exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights up to 50 lbs on your own
- Strong customer service skills and ability to maintain a highly professional, friendly, and courteous demeanor
- Ability to accurately and quickly prioritize conflicting requirements, and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays within a 40 hour work week, with overtime as needed
This role provides the opportunity for continued development of your expertise through both training and hands on experience in working with cutting-edge technologies, with the support and collaboration of an exceptional team of colleagues.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo), a global leader in venue development, marketing and management is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Their internationally-recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
The award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre consistently attracts and hosts more than 550 globally sought after events a year, from global conventions and trade and consumer shows to meetings, banquets, and special events, welcoming hundreds of thousands of attendees including industry leaders from around the world working in medicine, education, arts, intellectual science and many other influential fields.
At the Vancouver Convention Centre, you will join an extraordinary team recognized for a commitment to delivering unparalleled, seamless service to their guests and leadership in all aspects of their business.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications and requirements should submit their cover letter and resume.
This is a unique opportunity to join a remarkable organization and an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.