Aircraft Support Technologist - GM
TPD is currently searching for an Aircraft Support Technologist to join a major aviation manufacturer in Toronto.
This role will be a Technologist with the Dash 8 Technical Help Desk.
Responsible for respond to and managing Operator queries, many involving responding to a wide range of Operator technical and troubleshooting telephone calls or written requests on in-service issues.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary
- Full Extended health and benefit plan
- Great task diversity and unique challenges
In your role you will:
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, and training support to ensure continued development of the Q-Series Technical Help Desk team;
- Be a member of the Dash 8 Technical Help Desk team.
- Respond to operator’s technical and troubleshooting queries, which involve responding to a wide range of Operator telephone calls or written requests on In-service issues.
- Produce and develop key performance indicators to support continuous improvement initiatives, through Achieving Excellence
- Participate in customer Technical Evaluations, customer meetings, conferences and working groups
- Maintain a database of communications, regarding the status of operator queries.
- Work closely with Field Service Representatives and a support team within the Technical Help Desk and CRC.
- Ensure timely closure of communications with operators.
- Provide on-site assistance at Operators facility as required.
- Prioritize and provide resources for AOG and out of service events
- Identify and implement enhancements to team policies and procedures in an effort to drive ongoing efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
- Create and maintain documentation to be used by our customers to resolve known technical issues.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold an AME license, or equivalent, or an Engineering Degree from an accredited Canadian university combined with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance and airline environment, with DASH 8 Experience.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Aircraft systems, Avionics’ and Structures and you are able to “think on your feet” in an extremely fast pace environment.
- You are familiar with DeHavilland produced aircraft (DASH-8)
- You are able to travel internationally on short notice and you are very flexible in terms of working hours to support a 24/7/365 days operation.
- Your demonstrate exceptional ability to deal effectively with Customers, in somewhat stressful circumstances
- You have exceptional organizational and presentation abilities.
- Proficient in PC use, MS Office applications and database management
- You are a dynamic oral and written communicator, with strong people skills.
- You are able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential
- Customer support experience is a definite asset
- Familiarity with Lotus Notes databases