Our client, a leader in the hospitality/ fine catering industry, is seeking a Sr. HR Generalist/ Business Partner
to join their team!
HR plays a key role within this dynamic, creative, collaborative culture enriched by being a leader in the hospitality industry for over 40 years.
The department is responsible for providing day to day human resources and organizational support under the supervision of the CEO.
Reporting to the CEO, the Sr HR Generalist
will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources Department, including interviewing and hiring staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing
company policies and practices.
- Creating and maintaining systems for Human Resources record keeping.
- Coordinating and interacting with employees and human resources vendors.
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommending best practices.
- Processing bi-monthly payroll ensuring accuracy and completion
- Provide direct support to the Chief Executive Officer
- Provide information and necessary forms, coordinate with payroll, and interact with 3rd party providers to ensure quality of benefit offerings.
- Liaison with the company’s technical support provider to ensure seamless operation of employee workstations, hardware (computers, laptop computers), telephones, and cell phones.
- Formulate and create spreadsheets and graphs as needed for internal reporting.
- Provide accurate record keeping, payment and reconciliation of all employee benefits.
- Interface with benefits vendors as required.
- Administer the eligibility, enrolment, and termination of employees for Medical and Dental Insurance, 401k Plan, Vacation and Sick Leave, 125 Plan, and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Run Monthly reports (Attrition, SF Sick Time, SF Flexible spending).
- Facilitate the entire interview and recruiting process by placing ads for open positions, reviewing and culling incoming resumes for appropriate qualifications, arranging interview appointments and advising managers regarding strategic workforce planning.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster attitudes consistent with our “Expectations of Employment”.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Consult with the company’s independent HR Advisor to help resolve disputes, terminate employees, and administer disciplinary procedures.
- Advise Sr. Team Leaders on organizational policy matters and government compliance.
- Handle all aspects of the Workers Comp Program.
- Coordinate the Safety Committee and Champion key objectives to ensure safety and compliance
- in the workplace.
- Arrange and set up HR compliant and voluntary seminars/meetings for employees and supervisors; sexual harassment, ADA and general communication and teamwork seminars.
- Setup and maintain the non-payroll related employee files to ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Update and distribute employee handbooks and safety manuals.
- Maintain checklists to assess compliance for safety manual and other state/federal/OSHA requirements.
- Facilitate employee new hire and exit procedure (non-payroll).
- Process bi-monthly payroll (Paycomonline.com)
- Ensure timely receipt and input of employee’s hours worked.
- Prepare manual checks as needed.
- Distribute payroll documents and reports as needed or requested.
- Interface with third party vendors.
- Is seen as a champion of teamwork.
- Open and available for improvement opportunities suggested by others.
- Works effectively as an active and contributing team participant.
- Ability to coordinate activities with multiple components requiring independent follow through and attention to detail.
- Comfortable in a multi-task environment with frequent interruptions and short deadlines.
- Be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Maintain a view of the overall business situation when making decisions.
- Adequately represent the organization when in contact with vendors, industry peers and clients.
- Mature, personable, flexible, intuitive and self-motivated.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and grammar.
- Proficient in MS word and MS excel.
- Paycomonline.com (Payroll and HR software), asset
- PHR Certification, asset
- CA-PHR Certification. asset
- Fluent in Spanish, asset
- Competitive Compensation
- Supportive colleagues and managers
- And more!
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.