General Bank of Canada is a schedule 1 chartered bank headquartered in Edmonton, launched in 2005 that assists Canadians with their auto and commercial loan needs. A family run organization and part of the Wheaton Group of Companies, General Bank has helped Canadians across the country with their auto loan needs and more recently with commercial lending and aviation financing. In 2021, General Bank of Canada was recently recognized as a “Top 50 employer in Canada for companies with fewer than 100 employees” and was named to the 2021 list of “Best Workplaces in Alberta & Canada!”
Build a bank that can stand for generations. A great place to work. A great place to be a customer
We are currently hiring for 2 new Loan Administrator's to join our growing team! This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing local Bank based in Edmonton.
Reporting to the Manager of Administration, the Loan Administrator is responsible for the timely processing of all auto loans, including auditing and compliance of the documentation. The Loan Administrator is a key member of the Administration team that is tasked to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and company policies when processing auto loans documents. Additional responsibilities are outlined below;
- Review and audit all documentation received from dealerships to ensure compliance with all GBC policies as well as Anti Money Laundering policies.
- Upkeep maintenance of loan files by; logging all relevant loan data in GBC systems, tracking accuracy of customer loan information and maintaining loan files in accordance with GBC guidelines.
- Complete critical checks in the GBC banking platform (PPLUS) to ensure accuracy in loan information and correction of any errors.
- Prepare and assist in the processing of all potential loan renewals or cancellations so that records of documentation are maintained in a timely and accurate fashion
- Responsible for the timely creation, auditing, entering and funding of loan files daily and ensuring that said loans follow GBC loan workflows, processes and procedures
- Investigate and resolve any loan inquiries or transaction irregularities received from GBC customers, banks and or any internal sources so as to avoid potential discrepancies
- Recognize inconsistent, insufficient and/or irregular information in documentation or loan applications that could impact GBC or the customer, work with team lead and/or manager to resolve
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to dealership personnel while following up with dealerships, other financial institutions and solicitors to obtain additional documents as required to complete the loan funding.
- Provide payout, lien and loan information to dealerships as required and prepare for corrections by processing a Dealer Direct Withdrawal (DDW) to loans as needed.
- Maintain and manage the fax and funding queue in the adjudication platform (Compass)
- Perform timely reporting and data accuracy by maintaining daily organization and maintenance of all loan documentation
- Review, maintain and amend lien registrations in order to decrease risk to the Bank by guaranteeing loan payment.
- Ensure loan processing remains consistent with departmental procedures by adhering to and compiling with GBC administrative guidelines
What you Bring to the Table:
The Loan Administrator will have 2+ years of administration experience in the areas of banking or consumer lending is an asset. The following are required competencies for the role;
- Knowledge and understanding of retail loan products, lending processes and an understanding of credit terminology is an asset
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment which requires the ability to be flexible, multitask and work between several systems simultaneously
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail ensuring deadlines are met and no details are overlooked
- High school diploma required, combined with some post-secondary education in the fields of administration/business, finance, or related work experience is an asset
What We Offer:
As a valued employee of GBC, you will receive the following:
- Competitive salary + benefits package including extended health, dental and vision coverage
- RRSP Matching Program
- Work-Life Fit
- Great Downtown Location
- Onsite Gym
- Rooftop Patio to enjoy lunches + company events
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. General Bank of Canada is an equal opportunity employer.