Are you flexible and hardworking, with an interest in transportation and logistics?
Looking for your next career move? This is it - apply today!
TPD is an industry leader in connecting employers and employees! We are currently looking for a skilled Dispatcher
to join one of the world's leading shipping and freight logistics companies. Our client is a large, multi-national organization with a transit-friendly warehouse located in North Delta
This is a great position if you are looking for opportunities for growth
and have an interest in logistics
. For the right candidate, this will lead to a permanent role with our client, with lots of opportunities for career advancement in a transportation and logistics role.
We are looking for a candidate with some flexibility around scheduling. The hours worked will typically be Monday-Friday, with 8 hour shifts between the hours of 5:00am and 10:00pm.
If you are looking for a great position in which you can contribute to the success of a fast-paced transportation and shipping company while growing your own abilities, please submit your resume today to be considered!
Interviews are taking place immediately as this position is ready to start ASAP. No cover letter required. Apply now!
What you would be doing:
- Coordination of container drayage using discretion and key decision making to meet department revenue targets
- Execute daily drayage plan as assigned ensuring customer KPI are met
- Manage container pool ensuring empty containers are returned before detention charges are incurred
- Provide guidance and direction for drivers
- Book port reservations
- Set up runs for driver fleet ensuring maximum fleet efficiency
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years working in the Transportation industry
- Familiar with lower mainland trucking routes and inland ports
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
What you can expect in return:
- Full time schedule from Monday-Friday, with the potential for overtime
- A competitive pay rate; weekly pay through direct deposit
- Benefits after probation (medical, dental, EAP, sick time + more)
- Opportunities for growth and a permanent position within a world-class organization