BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. We are the recipient of the 2019 UBC Science Co-op Employer Recognition Award and a finalist for the 2020 BC Technology Impact Award for Excellence in Technology Adoption. Currently there are over 450 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunch time yoga, companywide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
BGC is seeking a Junior/Intermediate Mobile App Developer to join their dynamic team. In this role you will be working with alongside world class engineers and geoscientists as a part of BGC’s talented software development team.
The Mobile App Developer will help make the world a safer place by applying their software development knowledge to build robust mobile applications that allows our field staff to collect data that will eventually be used to monitor potential geological hazards and risks in real-time.
The Mobile App Developer will have the opportunity to conquer unique challenges developing mobile applications using a state of the art geographical information system with cloud infrastructures.
About the Role
- Develop enterprise geohazard management mobile application using the Microsoft Xamarin.Forms framework and Esri ArcGIS for offline use in the field.
- Work on mobile app features from beginning to end.
- Help refine User Stories by gathering requirements from stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other teams to define app features.
- Confirm the requirements, coding, testing, analysis, design, definition, development and implementation of mobile application
- Develop software using best in class tools and industry best practices.
- Ensure quality and performance of application to specifications.
- Responsible for testing software manually and through automation scripts.
- Identify potential problems and resolve application bottlenecks.
- Fix application bugs before final release.
- Take part in releasing the software into production.
- Meet project expectations and work within tight project management schedules
- Be an integral part of the software team. Work alongside our more seasoned team members in a collaborative Scrum/Agile environment.
- Work with other developers and testers on the Mobile team and across other software scrum teams as well as with Product Owners, who are BGC’s Geoscientists and Engineers and Users of BGC’s applications including BGC’s Geoscientists and Engineers as well as BGC’s clients.
- Stay curious and keep an open mind for new technologies and ideas
- Ability to own and work to continuously improve and integrate the application development processes
- Provide support to software team during development and testing stages
- Provide timely, quality advice to leaders on development timelines and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Love to be challenged and have the willingness to adapt to future technology
- Comfortable with at least one modern programming language such as C#, Java, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of .NET framework using C#
- Basic understanding of databases such as MS SQL, MySQL and SQLite
- Experience with Xamarin.Forms is an asset
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefits package, and maintains a casual but professional work environment.
This is an immediate opening and cover letters are not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity & inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.