Good Natured - About Us:
Committed to doing what’s right for the planet and right for business, we’re creating better everyday products that combine cutting-edge bioplastic technology and the latest sustainable design features that not only look good, but maximize shelf space, drive incremental sales, enhance logistics and boost environmental benefits.
Good Natured Products Inc., a leader in earth-friendly products that combine the very latest in plant-based renewable materials , currently has a rare opportunity for a Tax Analyst
to join their growing team.
Reporting directly to the CFO and working closely with the Director of Accounting, the Tax Analyst
is responsible for transfer pricing, tax reporting and disclosure, preparation and analysis of the company’s tax provision, and tax forecasting and supporting the Company’s taxation function.
This role will be the corporate tax lead and is a well-suited for someone looking to be part of a high-performing team and help drive business forward.
What you'll do:
- Support the CFO, Director of Accounting and Accounting team in designing, implementing and refining all tax related processes and controls of the organization.
- The Tax Analyst will be the subject matter expert in everything tax and will have involvement in a vast scope of responsibilities ranging from tax planning to tax compliance for both the direct and indirect tax functions.
- Ensure effective quality/risk management activities are developed, implemented and evaluated to minimize organizational risks
- Support tax related initiatives on future mergers and acquisition projects
- Perform technical research to ensure tax accounting positions/judgements are supported by the accounting and reporting standards
- Lead the preparation and primary review of good natured’s portfolio of interim and year-end corporate tax provisions for multiple entities in Canada and the United States
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and submission of domestic and international information returns and various corporate taxes throughout the United States
- Responsible for providing corporate tax return information to external consultants and performing comprehensive review of deliverables
- Manage both the documentation and implementation of transfer pricing strategies and policies for Canadian and foreign subsidiary entities
- Own the financial reporting impact of corporate taxes including the recognition of corporate tax expense and disclosure within good natured’s financial statements, book-to-tax analyses, and financial statement recognition
- Manage taxation related audit queries and information requests
- Stay current with relevant Canadian and US tax law, trends, and developments
- Identify and assist with global tax planning strategies in conjunction with the Director of Accounting, Chief Financial Officer, and external consultants
- Perform ad hoc tax analysis on tax implications of transactions as needed
- Manage compliance of payroll taxes, sales tax, WCB, EHT, GST/HST/QST, PST, and VAT returns in Canada and the United States
- Manage all tax related inquiries (internal and external) and maintain all tax documentation related to the taxability of services such as tax residency, and exemption certificates and other artefacts
- Participate in ad hoc tax, treasury, accounting and finance projects, analyses and initiatives when required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce
- Recognized professional Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Relevant accounting experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in a public practice and tax experience.
- Completion of the In-depth Tax Course would be an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of Canadian corporate tax rules
- Familiarity with United States corporate tax rules is an asset
- Ability to write clear, concise and formal business communications
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to be entrusted with confidential information
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Avalara’s tax engine is an asset
- Competitive base salary
- Generous bonuses
- Stock options
- Extended Health Benefits
- Supportive colleagues and managers
- Ample room for career growth
- And more!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!