TPD Has partnered with Fraserway RV to ramp up our workforce for the upcoming spring & summer seasons! This is an amazing opportunity for passionate individuals to get involved with a company that cares about its people and that provides people across Canada access to explore the great outdoors.
ABOUT FRASERWAY RV:
Fraserway RV’s mission is simple - as a team, we do everything possible to ensure our customers’ vacation dreams are realized. Our commitment to our customers’ experiences is rooted in everything we do. From RV rentals to RV ownership and servicing, we take pride in the work we do every day to make each and every customer experience memorable.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Health and Safety Coordinator will provide support and guidance in all areas of our health & safety programs and policies for Fraserway RV dealerships throughout Canada.
The Health and Safety Coordinator must be conscientious and highly motivated, with a passion for Health and Safety. The successful candidate must be able to work autonomously and efficiently, have strong communication skills, and will be outgoing and approachable.
WHAT YOU WILL BE LEARNING AS A HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR:
- Develop, organize, manage, maintain, and administer the Health and Safety Program in collaboration with the National H&S Manager & Health and Safety Committees.
- Conduct safety training.
- Complete internal audits as required.
- Complete hazard and risk assessments of all dealership job functions.
- Provide support to all dealerships to maintain requirements for future COR Certification.
- Maintain a WHMIS Program, including a current SDS and staff training.
- Liaise with local fire authorities to ensure fire code compliance.
- Assist in the development, coordination, and maintenance of emergency response plans.
- Be familiar with Workers’ Compensation Board regulations and policies and provide support in all Provinces and Territories we operate in.
- Maintain good relationships with Workplace Health and Safety field officers and all Fraserway staff.
- Work closely with the managers, principals and contractors ensuring their workers comply with safety legislation while at work.
- Coordinate the review of health and safety related safe working policies and procedures.
- Provide information to employees on health and safety.
- Maintain and expand upon professional competence.
- Be active in the support of the Health and Safety Committees across all dealerships.
- Claims Management & Return to Work Program (RTW):
- Lead and manage the end to end process for injured worker, including the completion of required reports to Workers’ Compensation Boards, communication with injured worker and their physicians, with a goal to support the injured worker to return to work.
- Provide clear communication to the National Health & Safety Manager.
- Electronic and manual filing of safety documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by National Health & Safety Manager.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- 3- 5 years of experience in an Occupational Health and Safety Role
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of workers' compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office, SMS, LMS etc. (Ulti Pro, DATS)
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- You must be a teacher of safety not an enforcer.
- Ability to travel across all Fraserway dealerships. Travel is anticipated to be at least 25% of the time for this role.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- A competitive total rewards package to include salary, bonus incentives, and paid time off
- An opportunity to be part of a national team that is collaborative and proud
- A holistic benefits package that includes extended health and dental benefits
- RV Rental Discounts
- Access to a company-matching RRSP plan
- And so much more!
If you are ready to make a career change, you are good with your hands, and the above sounds exciting to you, apply today! We are interviewing now and want to speak with you!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.