Our client, a highly established Canadian company focused on manufacturing of recycled packaging products, is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join their team in Langley.
The Maintenance Supervisor is to manage maintenance in the Foam Plant located in Langley BC. This role oversees the work of trades people and coordination of ongoing preventative maintenance. This role supervises contractors, requests for quotations, and oversees their work.
- Trains, motivates and disciplines maintenance staff.
- Assigns, schedules and coordinates maintenance work and projects.
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Inspects building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
What you receive in return:
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- Computer skills (ERP)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- Proficiency in calculating and purchasing the appropriate spare parts tools & equipment to support the Foam operation while avoiding unnecessary inventory.
- Competitive compensation ( $90K to $97K, depending on experience)
- A highly energetic management and technical team
- Strong benefits package and 4% RRSP matching
- Being a part of a socially and environmentally responsible company
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!