Absolute Results, Canada's largest automotive marketing and training company, currently has a rare opportunity for a Accountant to join its growing team based in Surrey, BC.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant contributes to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily, monthly and annual tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge, strong Excel skills, proficiency with ERP systems, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success. The Accountant provides support in the maintenance and reconciliation of accounts, prepares reports and assists in the preparation of financial statements while providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
- Compile monthly financial statements with narratives and provide variance and other analysis, for review with Controller;
- Maintain the general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure that transactions are properly and completely recorded in the accounting system;
- Maintain various continuity schedules (e.g. prepaid expenses, capital assets);
- Assist with monthly / quarterly / annual tasks, including but not limited to:
- Preparation of VAT returns;
- Work with external accountants to ensure timely filing and payment of USA taxes;
- Assist with the creation of year-end financial statements;
- Assist with the creation of annual forecasts;
- As directed, assist with the preparation for audits/independent reviews;
- Post inter-company transactions and reconcile inter-company balances;
- Assist with compiling weekly data for cashflow and other reports;
- Prepare various account reconciliations monthly;
- Prepare and process month end journal entries;
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for complex financial and accounting issues;
- Maintain current GAAP knowledge;
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation and filing system for all financial and bookkeeping activities; and
- Other related duties as required
- CPA/CGA designation completed or in progress
- Accounting experience.
- Experience in auditing an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian accounting practices (GAAP)
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge and experience with ERP software applications, with preference given to Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Strong proficiency with Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Timely and effective decision making skills
- Strong active listening skills
- High degree of attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong time management skills
- Competitive Compensation ($54K - $62K, depending on experience)
- Extended Health Benefits
- Supportive colleagues and managers
- Lots of room for career growth
- And more!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!
ABOUT ABSOLUTE RESULTS
Absolute Results is Canada’s largest automotive sales training & marketing company and growing larger every day! We’re passionate about the auto industry!
We’re a team of whip smart marketers, developers, designers and thinkers based in Surrey, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much handholding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and some great opportunities to give back through our foundation.