Our client, a non-profit governing body within the healthcare industry, is currently seeking a Part-Time Legal Administrator (Complaints Officer) to join their team in Vancouver.
This position is 22-24 hours per week and the schedule can be somewhat flexible.
Reporting to Legal Counsel, Inquiry and Discipline, the Deputy Registrar, and the Registrar & CEO, the Complaints Officer is responsible for providing administrative support to staff legal counsel and the College’s complaints process. This frontline position is based in Vancouver (although working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and tasked with a wide variety of administrative functions and complaints related tasks.
The successful candidate will have experience managing sensitive and confidential information, very strong attention to detail, be organized, have experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced, public-safety focused environment and an interest in investigatory processes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Schedules staff, committee and panel meetings by coordinating with registrants, members of the public, legal counsel, and investigators as needed for the College’s inquiry and discipline committees.
- Assists in meeting preparation and facilitation by preparing meeting agendas, minutes, compiling documents and uploading to file management system.
- Responds to calls and voice mail messages from members of the public relating to the complaints process, ensuring timely, effective, and respectful responses to enquiries.
- Responds to potential complainants, by listening to concerns regarding registrant conduct, explaining the mandate and authority of the College, and outlining the complaints process to assist those seeking to make a complaint.
- Transcribes recordings of interviews and summarizes investigations materials.
- Assists in preparations of investigations reports by reviewing file documentation, assessing need for additional follow-up, and drafting memoranda.
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma).
- 3-5 years of office experience, previous experience as a legal assistant or in a regulatory, complaints or healthcare environment would be an asset.
- Ability to follow direction and work collaboratively and independently with committees and a cohesive staff team.
- Ability to prioritize and self-direct a daily workload including juggling simultaneous priorities.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and complete projects.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to maintain tact, grace, and diplomacy in all situations.
- Customer/client relations experience.
- Task-oriented, with an emphasis on an attention to detail, accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Superior knowledge and understanding of software applications and systems, including Outlook and the MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel, SharePoint), and Zoom.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive salary ( $28 - $32/hr, depending on experience)
- Flexible work schedule (22-24 hrs/week, Monday to Friday)
- 4 weeks vacation (adjusted for part time)
- Eligibility for enrolment in the Municipal Pension Plan (MPP)
- Full benefits package
- Transit accessible downtown location and ability to work remotely part of the time
- Be apart of an organization that provides continuous support, learning and development and growth opportunities
- And more!
Interviews will be taking place immediately, please apply with your resume (cover letter not required)
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your resume.