Are you looking for the right opportunity to start or grow your manufacturing career?
TPD is an industry leader in connecting employers and employees. We are looking for an Extruder Operator to join one of Ontario's fastest-growing plastic manufacturing companies. Located in Ayr, ON, they are expanding quickly and are looking to bring in reliable and enthusiastic team members. This opportunity is perfect for experienced operators or for people who are looking to get their feet in the door into a manufacturing role.
Our mission is to help YOU succeed by providing access to opportunities - jobs, careers, and professional development. We partner with over 200 top companies across North America with a focus on placing Business Professionals, Warehouse & Distribution staff.
From flexible to permanent positions, we help people start careers, change careers, and advance careers in a way that works for you.
Let’s get to work!
Our client partner is unique because they are an ethically-minded and environmentally-friendly plastics company, using biodegradable and plant-based materials. It is a friendly and inclusive factory environment with incredible opportunities for learning and professional growth.
The company invests in its employees by providing ample training; therefore previous experience is not required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AFTER TRAINING:
● Operating an extruder machine to produce high-quality plastic packaging film and sheets
● Maximizing production output and aiming to reduce the amount of machine and plastic waste
● Assisting other operators as required by supporting machine set-up and conducting quality tests and measurement checks
● Performing basic machine maintenance to keep machine running smoothly
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
● Prior manufacturing or machine operating experience is preferred, but not required
● Physically be able to lift 25lbs and be on your feet for the full length of shift
● Positive, self-motivated individual who is calm under pressure and enjoys problem- solving
● Inquisitive, curious, and eager to learn
● A mechanical aptitude
● Safety conscious, attentive, punctual, and dependable
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
● A GREAT PLACE TO WORK: A friendly and supportive workplace with a Canadian-owned company making a positive impact on the environment.
● A COMPETITIVE HOURLY WAGE
● COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PLAN: Eligible for medical and dental benefits upon completion of probation.
● GROWTH, ADVANCEMENT, AND LEARNING: Opportunity to expand your skills by providing in-house machine operating and forklift training.
● DIRECT HIRE - no need to start on contract or temporary basis.
● CONTINENTAL SCHEDULE - A rotating shift pattern that provides for regular 3-4 day long-weekends and opportunities for overtime.
● And potential stock options in the future!
If you are looking for a company that is growing, eager to help their employees, and that you can take pride in, look no further! Interviews are happening right away (flexible interview times available), so secure your spot with us today!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
We look forward to working with you!