Visit our Return to Work Program page for Site Access and Contact Tracing solutions built around a COVID-19 specific HR policy framework
Credit Analyst Administration
Edmonton , Alberta Mar 29, 2021
General Bank of Canada is a schedule 1 chartered bank headquartered in Edmonton, launched in 2005 that assists Canadians with their auto and commercial loan needs. A family run organization and part of the Wheaton Group of Companies, General Bank has helped Canadians across the country with their auto loan needs and more recently
with commercial lending and aviation financing. In 2019, General Bank of Canada was recognized as an employer of choice, as the organization was named to the 2019 and 2020 list of Best Workplaces in Alberta!
Reporting to the Credit and Collections Manager, the Credit Analyst is the primary decision point for credit applications that have been submitted electronically through the auto dealerships’ financial services
offices. The Credit Analyst is the main point of contact for enhancing business relationships with the dealerships’ Financial Services Managers, resulting in enhanced visibility for the Bank and its services.
The Credit Analyst will manage potential loan and credit risk and produce solutions to support client needs.
● Ensure timely turnaround of credit decisions that balance the Bank’s appetite for risk and growth
by exercising sound judgment in the application of credit policy and guidelines.
● Build rapport with dealership Financial Services managers to strengthen and promote sound
● Evaluate clients’ credit data and banking information in order to help determine the risk involved if
providing a loan.
● Responsible for reviewing and communicating decisions on loan and credit transactions in order to
keep customers and team members up to date on vital information.
● Assist other departments with programs, dealerships, or lending challenges, as well as, credit
related issues in order to help ensure that tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
● Ensure compliance with the Bank’s lending policies and procedures by monitoring, reviewing, and
approving loan and credit portfolios, as well as, providing risk advice and coaching to the sales
team as required.
● As the subject matter expert, provide recommendations on improving policy and procedure
standards as required by maintaining an awareness of competitive industry trends.
● As the retail loan product expert for all aspects of indirect credit adjudication in order to help
customers and other team members with concerns and inquiries.
● Liaison timely and consistent communication on loan and credit information with dealerships by
requesting client information or records as required.
What you Bring to the Table:
● 2+ years’ experience in the area of indirect automotive or consumer lending is a major asset but not required
● Related experience in consumer lending such as credit cards or mortgages will be considered
● An understanding of consumer credit fundamentals, scoring methodology, and risk management is
● Post-secondary education in the fields of business, finance, economics or management is an
● Credit or lending certification is considered an asset
● Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and Saturdays
What We Offer:
As a valued employee of GBC, you will receive the following:
● Competitive salary + benefits package including extended health, dental and vision coverage
● RRSP Matching Program
● Work-Life balance
● Great Downtown Location
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away (cover letters not required).