Customer Service Rep
General Bank of Canada is a schedule 1 chartered bank headquartered in Edmonton, launched in 2005 that assists Canadians with their auto and commercial loan needs. A family run organization and part of the Wheaton Group of Companies, General Bank has helped Canadians across the country with their auto loan needs and more recently with commercial lending and aviation financing. In 2019, General Bank of Canada was recognized as an employer of choice, as the organization was named to the 2019 and 2020 list of Best Workplaces in Alberta!
Build a bank that can stand for generations. A great place to work. A great place to be a customer.
General Bank if looking for a Customer Service Representative to join their dynamic team. If you are someone who is detail oriented with excellent customer service skills and some related experience, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Customer Service Representatives are continually receiving and returning calls and are responsible for the professional and timely communication with customers regarding loan issues.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Answer inbound calls in a small call centre environment, using exceptional communication skills with the aptitude to ask probing questions and to answer effectively
- Maintain composure and tone of voice during challenging situations as well as the use of “positive language”
- Assist customers quickly, efficiently, and professionally with skill, manners and adhering to the General Bank’s customer service standards as per Service Level Agreement
- Practice active listening, attentive and patient, serving the customers with integrity and honesty
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions within the scope of the position
- Capacity to control and “close” a call with confirmed customer satisfaction
- Communicate with customers on loan payouts, payments, loan renewal process and other related issues via phone or e-mail
- Process customer requests for loan updates and amendments
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Previous over the phone customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in bank administration is an asset
- Customer focus; empathetic, able to establish trusting relationships with clients and employees, a commitment to delivering outstanding customer service
- Problem solving; able to think outside of the box and quickly develop alternative solutions to meet the customer's needs, ability to deescalate heightened issues
- Accountability - maintains ownership of responsibilities
- Communication skills; gaining clarity on issues, listening and being open minded, providing solutions with confidence
- Self-motivated; driven to complete tasks independently and in a timely manner
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive salary + benefits package including extended health, dental and vision coverage
- RRSP Matching Program
- Supportive work environment
- Onsite gym available to all staff
- Rooftop patio to enjoy lunches and company events
- Great downtown location
If you’re ready for a challenge and to make a difference in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP and cover letters are not required. Apply today for consideration!