Our client, one of Oregon's leaders in the manufacturing industry, currently has a rare opportunity for an Office Administrator / HR Assistant to join their team!
As a Office Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
- Answer phones and greets visitors. Provide customer service to customers, vendors, job seekers, and employees, as needed.
- Organizes, sorts, and routes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Collects timecards for temporary employees and reviews for accuracy. Reviews staffing service billing for accuracy. Distributes to appropriate staffing agencies.
- Orders office supplies. Assists with miscellaneous ordering (i.e. company apparel, etc.).
- Maintains databases, including, but not limited to: payroll and timekeeping; phone extension lists, staff lists, employee certification lists, birthday/anniversary calendars, key lists, and supervisor training.
- Assist with screening and interviewing candidates, as assigned. Assists with reference checks, background checks, and other pre-employment paperwork.
- Assists with creating and circulating training documents and other human resources documents, as assigned.
- Updates bulletin boards, television communications, monthly recognition awards, and other communication outlets, as assigned.
- Assists with quarterly Employee Newsletter.
- Assists with the internal Safety Program. Including, but not limited to: serves as scribe for the Safety Committee; circulates and tracks monthly safety training; and monthly safety luncheon duties. Checks defibrillator monthly.
- Assists with new hire process and onboarding; benefit open enrollment, employee changes, reconciliation, and billing; and termination paperwork processing. Performs human resources filing. Creates new and terminated employee files, as needed.
- Provides assistance and light troubleshooting for the fax, copier, and printer as needed.
- Assist a variety of departments with various computer data entry, filing, or clerical projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must have a basic knowledge of computer applications (Windows, Word, and Excel).
- Must have good keyboarding and word processing skills.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment and databases.
- Must be able to answer multi-line phone.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain a high level confidentiality and professionalism
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must have good organization skills and the ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple projects with frequent interruptions.
- Must be dependable, punctual and reliable.
- Must have basic reading, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Previous Human Resources experience is preferred (not required)
- Bilingual Spanish skills, preferred (not required0
As Office Administrator, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive Salary ($35K to $40K, depending on experience)
- Employer-paid benefits
- Cellphone and vehicle allowance
- Growth opportunities
- A more relaxed, but fast paced work environment
We’re hiring and Interviews are taking place right away and cover letters are not required!