TPD is currently supporting our client partner in their search for a US Tax Senior Accountant to join their team in Vancouver
Our client, is a full-service chartered professional accounting firm located in downtown Vancouver. Serving clients across Canada and around the world, we have become one of the largest independent accounting firms in British Columbia, and are especially proud to be one of the largest public auditors in Canada.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Prepares and/or reviews US federal and state corporate, partnership and individual tax returns.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Updates knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Perform other job-related duties as neces ary
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ recent work experience as an auditor at a public accounting firm, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Advanced degree is highly desirable, but not mandatory
- CPA certification (active) with a minimum 2 years of post CPA US tax experience
- US CPA is required
- PTIN is required
- Proficient with US tax software including CCH
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- A challenging position within a leading CPA Firm with international affiliations
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical dental
- Incentive programs
- Extended benefits
- RRSP matching
- Job security
- Supportive colleagues and leadership team
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away!
We look forward to reviewing your resume!