Visit our Return to Work Program page for Site Access and Contact Tracing solutions built around a COVID-19 specific HR policy framework
Business Development Administrator Administration
Edmonton , Alberta Feb 11, 2021
General Bank of Canada is a schedule 1 chartered bank headquartered in Edmonton, launched in 2005 that assists Canadians with their auto and commercial loan needs.
A family run organization and part of the Wheaton Group of Companies, General Bank has helped Canadians across the country with their auto loan needs and more recently with commercial lending and aviation financing.
In 2019, General Bank of Canada was recognized as an employer of choice, as the organization was named to the 2019 and 2020 list of Best Workplaces in Alberta!
Reporting to the Business Development Supervisor, the Business Development Administrator will be responsible for supporting the Business Development department by analyzing data to help identify business opportunities, monthly reports, new dealer setups, current dealer maintenance, and field staff support. Tasks will vary depending
on business needs; this will require the employee to be self-motivated, organized, detail oriented and able to work independently. Additional responsibilities are outlined below:
● Using MS Excel to capture, develop, analyze and present meaningful data in the form of spreadsheets, charts and templates to support the Business Development teams continuous efforts to drive business, maintain focus, development and growth.
● Utilize new and existing technologies to best support department needs through data analysis and creative solutions.
● Create Sell Sheets, brochures and promotional materials to be used by the field territory reps.
● Maintain weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
● Onboard new dealerships by validating Dealership Agreements, Articles of Incorporation and VOID information.
● Create and maintain client profiles across multiple systems, while also pulling credit bureau reports for all dealers.
● Maintain current Dealership Ownership and Name Changes. Follow up with field territory reps to ensure correct documentation are provided and update all required systems and trackers as required.
● Notify field territory reps of prospective dealership requests while ensuring maintenance of trackers and territory lists.
● Draft of field territory rep monthly commission reports using internal systems for submission to the National Director of Sales for final approval.
● Monthly initial review and validation of submitted department expenses for accuracy and compliance with company policies. Responsible for submitting the reports to the Business Development Supervisor for final approval.
What you Bring to the Table:
The Business Development Administrator will have 2+ year of administrative experience and have strong ability to analyze and develop spreadsheets, charts and templates using advanced MS excel skills. Previous experience in the auto industry or financial services is an asset. The following are required competencies for the role;
● Previous Administrative work experience (finance, or related work experience is an asset)
● Advanced skill level in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Excel skills including and not limited to being able to create analyses using pivot tables, charts and using excel formulas to provide statistical analytical review, creating usable reports, charts and tools.
● Strong analysis skills, have the ability to consider all factors, gather and use data to build tools to support the continued growth of the team.
● Previous experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system would be an asset.
● Ability to maintain reports and trackers.
● Excellent customer service skills, able to establish trusting relationships with clients and employees and a commitment to delivering outstanding customer experience, portraying the General Bank customer service value.
● High level of attention to detail, accuracy when recording data and consistency of output. Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and demonstrated ability to offer creative solutions, meet deadlines and shift
priorities as required.
What We Offer:
As a valued employee of GBC, you will receive the following:
● Competitive salary + benefits package including extended health, dental and vision coverage
● RRSP Matching Program
● Work-Life Fit
● Great Downtown Location
● Onsite Gym for employees
● Rooftop Patio to enjoy lunches + company events
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. General Bank of Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
This is an immediate opening and cover letters are not required.