Our client, a highly established and growing international company in the food manufacturing and distribution industry, has a rare opening for an IT Administrator to join their dynamic team.
The role of the IT Administrator will be to provide help to users requiring technical assistance and expertise with computer related hardware, desktop application software, internal phone system and cell phones.
Additionally, the IT Administrator is expected to troubleshoot, repair, install, and configure hardware and software on PCs, laptops, printers and network infrastructure. A demonstrated commitment to (internal) customer service is critical as the role is a key contributor to the overall success and reputation of the IT department.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Provide technical support of computer hardware and software, telephone system and cell phones to
- internal and remote users.
- Prepare and deploy employee computer equipment.
- Proactively monitor and maintain servers to ensure optimal performance.
- Administration of Microsoft Office 365 accounts, Active Directory, network services, and resources.
- Administration of the helpdesk ticketing system
- Installation and maintenance of the voice and data infrastructure, including routers, switches, and
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and strategies to support business objectives and
- Maintain an inventory of IT hardware and software assets for financial and legal compliance.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve service levels and technical
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Related post-secondary education.
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
- Must have 2+ years practical experience in a similar role.
- Superior customer service skills providing prompt and courteous support.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills allowing efficient and effective identification of
- problems and the ability to apply appropriate solutions.
- Responsible, quick learning, motivated and proactive personality.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail combined with excellent follow-up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written). Must be able to
- communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Superior time management and prioritization skills including the ability to multi-task.
- Strong experience of installing, configuring and supporting Microsoft technologies, including
- Windows desktop operating systems and Office 365 in a network environment.
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining Active Directory in a multi-domain environment,
- managing security rights and Group Policy management.
- Strong networking skills configuring TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, IIS; Internet technologies, firewalls, VPN, and IPSec.
- Proven experience configuring and troubleshooting enterprise network switches and routers.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (NAV) would be an asset.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended benefits
- RRSP matching
- Job security
- Supportive colleagues and leadership team
- and more!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!