Our client, one of the top independent financial planning companies in Canada, is seeking an Executive Assistant
to join their team.
Reporting to the President of the firm, the Executive Assistant is responsible in providing support and coordination within the office. Success in this role combines administrative expertise, coordinating multiple schedules and competing priorities, then following up to ensure each component is running smoothly.
This position has little management oversight and requires the successful applicant to be an independent thinker. This role requires research for project management, new programs, and support of the company in its new growth initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Support for coordinating client, industry and professional events
- Facilitating travel arrangements and coordinating timelines for event/conference attendance
- Processing of professional membership, association, and licensing renewals
- Organizing company expenses for the bookkeeper and liaising with the accountant for year-end reporting
- Following up on transfers of new and existing investment business between various financial institutions
- Maintaining phone list for third party contacts
- Occasionally assisting with report and presentation preparation
- Assisting with inputting of information into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) as required
- Assisting with preparations for the client’s quarterly investment statements
- Providing reception coverage (as needed)
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of administrative or business experience in a project based environment
- Some post-secondary or professional education and a willingness to take additional training/courses in the financial services industry (supported by the firm).
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, reliability, and a positive attitude
- Takes responsibility and ownership for the results of his/her work
- A team player who supports and works well with fellow office colleagues
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills based on the urgency of projects/tasks
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Maximizer CRM, and basic design skills are an asset
- Competitive Salary
- Positive Work environment
- and more!
Interviews are taking place right away and cover letter is not required.
We look forward to receiving your resume.