Who We Are
Kapown Rehabilitation Centre has been a Centre of holistic treatment of addictions for more than 25 years. Each of our 300 clients a year are treated with the utmost respect and are provided a comprehensive evidence-based program in which to find new direction in their lives and healing from their addictions. We help individuals find the motivation, skills, resources and inner strength they need to maintain a clean and balanced lifestyle.
Kapown strives to hire the best and we value integrity, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. We want our team to share a common mindset based on being passionate about helping others to find their personal power, improving their coping and communication skills, and finding connections within the circle of life.
We are currently looking to hire a Licensed Practical Nurse for our Treatment Centre in Grouard, Alberta. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position. The schedule will be 4-On 4-Off and 10 hour shifts. You’ll get to work with a growing organization where you will gain valuable experience in the field of Mental Health and Addictions.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to our clients, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. As a Registered Nurse, some of your responsibilities will include:
Who You Are
- Helping patients with daily living skills such as hygiene activities.
- Monitoring patients and completing ongoing assessments of their physical and mental health.
- Administers medications and injections.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to health care and regulatory standards.
- Protecting clients and patients by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures.
- Administer COVID-19 testing, vaccines, and other flu shots.
As an LPN, you enjoy contributing to our client health and wellbeing. You will work independently while collaborating with other care providers to provide quality care in accordance with established standards and the values of Kapown. You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
What We Offer
- Minimum of 1 year in clinical setting.
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing Program.
- Current membership in good standing with CLPNA.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Minimum one (1) years recent experience in a clinical setting.
- Mental Health training and/or experience us required.
- Experience with withdrawal management is an asset.
- Provide an Intervention Record Check, as required.
- Ability to speak a First Nation language (Cree) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and traditions would be an asset.
As a valued employee, you’ll receive the following:
- Building relationships - We believe in a collaborative environment where effective teams produce great results.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
Comprehensive Benefits package effective your first day of work.
We offer staff housing at no charge for the first 6 months of employment (Rent is $500 per month after 6 months). Staff housing is completely renovated with 3 bedrooms/2 baths.