Visit our Return to Work Program page for Site Access and Contact Tracing solutions built around a COVID-19 specific HR policy framework
Commercial Services Administrator Administration
Edmonton , Alberta Jan 11, 2021
General Bank of Canada is a schedule 1 chartered bank headquartered in Edmonton, launched in 2005 that assists Canadians with their auto and commercial loan needs. A family run organization and part of the Wheaton Group of Companies, General Bank has helped Canadians across the country with their auto loan needs and more recently with commercial lending and aviation financing. In 2019, General Bank of Canada was recognized as an employer of choice, as the organization was named to the 2019 and 2020 list of Best Workplaces in Alberta!
Reporting to the National Managing Director, the Commercial Services Administrator’s primary responsibility is supporting the general lending and customer service functions of the Commercial Services Group. The Commercial Services Administrator will perform a variety of loan and portfolio administrative duties, provide assistance with the preparation of loan documents and any necessary supporting data, reporting, or other communications as required. The Commercial Services Administrator will work closely with customers and third-party providers while performing administrative actions for the setup, funding, and maintenance of Commercial loans for the General Bank of Canada. Additional responsibilities are outlined below;
● Responsible for the administration, accuracy, and completion of the loan funding cycle for all Commercial Services loans, client files, and documentation.
● Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the commercial loan book and update and follow up with information as required.
● Maintain the integrity and organization of Commercial loans and files by storing information on Portfolio Plus and any other applicable storage methods.
● Review paid loan files to ensure maintained security and privacy of loans.
● Review security and documentation packages from solicitors, financial institutions, and other external partners in order to ensure potential errors/omissions are mitigated and compliant with the Bank’s
● Uphold GBC lending standards for successful processing of Commercial loans by monitoring processes, following-up on loans, and keeping relevant receipts.
● Assist the National Commercial Services Group Managing Director with department reporting requirements, utilizing relevant business metrics, maintain monthly, daily scheduled reports as applicable.
● Work closely with Accounting and Treasury to oversee payments from Borrowers and Financial Partners are received/completed as agreed to.
● Responsible for regular reporting on the expected in/outflow of fees, loan fundings, and payouts.
● Assist the Commercial Services team in processing all loan amendments and renewals, ensure completeness of mortgage payouts and prepayment estimates when required.
● Monitor PPSA by adding, amending, or discharging registrations as required.
● Complete various searches (Land Titles, PPR, Credit Bureau, and Corporate) on existing and pending files in order to assist with client and customer inquiries.
● Responsible for the administration of the account review process by identifying, collecting, and assembling the required data and information.
● Work closely with customers and third-party providers (lawyers, loan servicers, syndication partners, accountants, brokers, etc.) to ensure a high level of satisfaction.
● Communicate with external partners associated with the Commercial Services Group as required, in order to build and maintain effective relationships.
What you Bring to the Table:
The Commercial Services Administrator will have previous administration experience, a high school diploma, combined with some post-secondary education in the fields of administration or business. The following are required competencies for the role;
● Bank administration or consumer lending experience would be an asset
● Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing, and financial applications
● Demonstrates an ability to meet deadlines and able to shift with priorities as required.
● Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when completing a task.
● Sets and maintains high-performance standards in detail, accuracy, and completeness.
● Maintains a high degree of confidentiality when discussing and delivering to business needs.
● Able to work independently and collaborate with others.
● Utilizes best practices and provides input on ways to improve the process while using resources efficiently.
● Driven to complete tasks independently and in a timely manner.
● Establishes trusting relationships using written and verbal communication with vendors, clients, and team members.
What We Offer:
As a valued employee of GBC, you will receive the following:
● Competitive salary + benefits package including extended health, dental and vision coverage
● RRSP Matching Program
● Work-Life Fit
● Great Downtown Location
This is an immediate opening and cover letters are not required.