PURCHASER – SUPPLY CHAIN – AVIATION
TPD is a leading workforce solutions provider.
Our mission is to help YOU succeed by providing access to opportunities - jobs, careers, and professional development. We partner with over 200 top companies across North America with a focus on placing Business Professionals, Warehouse & Distribution staff, and technical Mining and Aviation staff.
From flexible to permanent positions, we help people start careers, change careers, and advance careers in a way that works for you.
Let’s get to work!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Identify new suppliers and negotiate and manage contracts while fostering positive, long-term relationships.
- Monitor material inventory levels and determine purchasing demands.
- Generate, document, issue, review, and receive purchase orders and requisitions for material orders.
- Ensure timely turnaround of all purchase orders and requisitions from various internal stakeholders.
- Provide vendor management to ensure all material and resource orders meet Customer requirements and delivery expectations.
- Communicate inbound and outbound shipment statuses to appropriate departments and identify any potential or realized delays to order statuses.
- Work with various departments to ensure the distribution of procurement information and coordination of all material movements through the supply chain.
- Liaise with various departments to ensure all materials meet company, customer and required standards for quality.
- Work with other Purchasers to develop Key Performance Indicators, best practices, and continuous improvement initiatives.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Post-Secondary degree in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management and Procurement is preferred.
- Knowledge of aviation industry is considered an asset.
- You have strong analytical, planning and negotiating skills.
- You are a team player with a strong sense of initiative, responsibility, and good judgment.
- You possess experience in continuous improvement and are highly detail oriented.
- You have a strong customer focus and the ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the business.
- Exhibits strong personal values, integrity, and solid business acumen.
- You are skilled at influencing and mobilizing others with strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and IFS applications.
- ERP system experience is considered an asset.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- A competitive total rewards package to include salary, incentives, and paid time off
- A Health and Wellness benefits
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.