Our client, a leading manufacturing company, is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner / Generalist to join their team in Toronto.
This is a 9-12 month contract with the possibility of extension.
The Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist will act as the Human Resources and Labour Relations point of contact for specific client group(s) within the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Provides HR Generalist support for identified client groups in a variety of key HR areas; including, but not limited to recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, performance management, as well as training and development and succession planning.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of human resource policies; ensuring all policies in place are in adherence to legal and regulatory standards.
- In alignment with the Sr. HR team, assists in the development of a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and exemplary performance - never losing sight of creating a culture of collaboration and respect.
- Assists with the interpretation and administration of the collective bargaining agreement; providing effective coaching and advisement to Managers within the client groups.
- Prepares and analyzes HR reports related to resourcing, turnover, disability, and safety in order to develop action plans which address gaps and areas of improvement.
- Evaluates employee needs and creates support strategies in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and company policies.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN
- Undergraduate degree in a related area as well as a CPHR or CHRL designation.
- 5 plus years of HR Generalist experience within a manufacturing or industrial-type environment.
- Previous union experience.
- Proven HR, operational, and strategic capabilities combined with solid business acumen and financial discipline.
- Broad HR experience in areas including employee and labour relations, recruitment, performance management, training, succession planning, and Human Rights compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of both Provincial and Canadian Labour and Employment Laws.
- Demonstrates excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a strong commitment to business process improvement, with a focus on efficient delivery of HR services.
- Embraces technology as a tool to enhance management practices, increase productivity, and optimize the level of service delivery.
- Exhibits strong personal values, integrity and hands-on work habits and is comfortable in an industrial setting.
- Brings an ability to 'think outside the box'; has a proven track record of creative problem-solving and consensus building skills necessary for addressing sensitive business problems.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic; exhibits contagious enthusiasm while projecting a level of maturity required in a human resource position.
- Strong Compensation ($90K to $110K)
- Full extended health and benefit plan
- Great task diversity and unique challenges
- And more!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!