Our client, a highly established and building materials company, has an opportunity for a Bilingual Inside Sales Representative to join their team.
As the Inside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for handling customer product enquiries as well as producing product quotations. Quotations involve learning customer needs through direct customer interaction, reviewing customer-supplied drawings and emails, and choosing the right solution to satisfy the customer.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will work individually and with your team to uphold the highest standards of customer service.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- You will demonstrate your deep skill set in inside sales as the first contact for product enquiries, matching customers to products to improve sales conversions
- You are a “people person” who easily connects with customers and works towards building lasting relationships
- You understand that sales acumen and the delivery of superior customer service are intertwined. You will support the Sandler sales methodology in your customer interactions
- You provide inside support to the Sales team. This includes being knowledgeable about account activity, purchasing habits, and recognizing opportunities that can be built upon by the team
- You are efficient and current with technologies that aid your department, with advanced proficiency in the use of hardware and software technologies including computer, phone/voice, ERP, CRM and ecommerce
- You will liaise with the Sales Department to implement and/or develop sales tools that could improve information delivery to customers
- You will serve as a technical expert for the Customer Service team, demonstrating an in- depth understanding of product features and benefits
- You will look for internal and external opportunities to enhance product knowledge, participate in product development, and attend and support product knowledge sessions
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You must have 5+ years of inside sales and customer service experience (technical or industrial sales preferred)
- You are well spoken and have strong English and French communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have the ability and desire to work under pressure in a busy office handling time- sensitive enquiries and quotes. A high degree of accuracy is necessary to succeed at this job
- You can problem solve and provide customers with best alternatives and solutions within the standards of our sales policies
- You take pride in being organized, knowing how to prioritize, and your ability to follow strict procedures that ensure all transactions are effective and transparent
- You navigate through stressful situations with ease: product and procedural training is intensive and requires a high retention level and a quick grasp of basic math principals
- You are tech-savvy, working comfortably at an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel. Test scores will be required
- You are also a fast typist that ensures you keep abreast of your workload and have a typing speed of 55-60 wpm minimum with a high degree of accuracy. Test scores will be required
- If you have on the job experience with a Windows-based accounting system, that is an asset
- You need flexibility to work longer hours on short notice as business demands
- Ongoing professional development is required
- Must have a polished and professional presentation in physical appearance
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Compensation of $48K to $60K (depending on experience)
- Competitive extended health & dental benefits plan offered.
- Intensive 3 week training provided. Ongoing product training provided throughout the candidate’s employment.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.