Our client, one of the largest and fastest-growing insurance brokers in Canada, is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your HR career in a rapidly growing organization.
This positions can be based anywhere within Canada.
As the Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
, you will be responsible for providing support to our Payroll and Benefits teams. This includes performing payroll and benefit transactions and communicating with employees and responding to their payroll and benefits related inquiries.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Preparing and processing multi-provincial payrolls (hourly and salary) on a biweekly basis.
- Establishing/maintaining employee records; ensuring employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis
- Collaborating with work sites to ensure accurate entry to time data sheet and resolving any arising issues.
- Managing benefits enrolments and determining employee eligibility.
- Informing employees of their benefit options and plans, and monitoring use.
- Responding to payroll and benefits related inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Preparing ROE’s online each pay cycle for inactive employees.
- Preparing and issuing T2200s.
- Providing payroll and benefits data/reports as needed.
- Staying current on relevant provincial and federal legislation.
- Serving as back up to other positions in the department and perform other related duties as assigned.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- At least 1 year of full-cycle payroll and benefits experience
- Experience with payroll system implementations
- Certifications by the Canadian Payroll Association as a Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) considered an asset.
- Solid understanding of different benefit plans (retirement, health & dental insurance, etc.) and relevant regulations
- Proficiency in MS-Suite and related applications (advanced Excel level is desired)
- Experience with different payroll software platforms, particularly ADP or Ceridian, an asset.
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion
- Base salary
- RRSP Matching
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and company paid certifications and continuing education programs