Our client, a highly established and growing international company in the transportation and logisitics industry, has a rare opening for an Accounting Associate to join their dynamic team.
The Accounting Associate, Under the guidance of the VP Finance, the Accounting Associate will contribute to the success of the organization by assisting with the recording, analyzing and updating of financial records in such a way that optimizes the workflow of information. The incumbent will provide administrative assistance by providing back-up support in different areas of the company, embracing a culture of service, readiness and efficiency.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Performs full accounts payable cycle including 3-way matching, obtaining authorizations, coding and data entry on an accurate and timely basis
- Follows up with purchaser on receipt of goods and vendor on invoice discrepancies while complying with vendor updates in different systems to ensure traceability.
- Reconciles several financial documents, statements and processes varied transactions for expenses, preparation of routine or standard reports by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Process payments to vendors through bi-monthly EFT payment runs ensuring interest charges are avoided and timely actions are achieved.
Other Accounting Support
- Cross-trains in financial accounting functions, general ledger account analysis, acting as backup to other accounting staff.
- Communicates and provides support to staff on any accounting related needs, including project accounting, coding, comments, expense claims, accuracy of steps and activities
- Performs additional assignments, as directed by the Supervisor in order to ensure timely provision of accounting processes.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Post-secondary education in business / math / accounting with at least a one-year experience in a high-performance team environment
- one to two years of accounts payable experience in a time sensitive highly organized and fast changing environment.
- Must be familiar with accounting procedures and should have experience with accounting and spreadsheets software programs in particular Great Plains to produce relevant output and reports. (Excel, PowerPoint and SAP).
- Advance Excel skills are a must.
- High knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office, Gmail Suite and others.
- The ability to communicate in Spanish will be an asset.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation ($42K - $43K)
- 8% Yearly peformance Bonus
- Extended benefits
- RRSP matching
- Job security
- Supportive colleagues and leadership team
- and more!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!