Our client a multi-national leader in oil and gas, located in North Burnaby, is looking for a senior level Logistics Coordinator to support the operations and project management teams, on an approximate 1 year contract, with chance of extension and permanent employment for the right fit.
If you have prior experience as industrial Senior Logistics Coordinator this could be a fantastic opportunity for you! This role is suitable for those with strategic planning experience, who are comfortable thinking bigger picture, and providing guidance to overall project plan.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Setting up traffic and logistic routes for travel around the refinery
- Planning logistics around parking/bussing management for the staff and contractor workforce
- Interaction and coordination with Public Relations team
- Laydown space management for materials/equipment
- Rental equipment coordination
- Liaise and negotiate with key players such as suppliers, manufacturers, vendors, and customers
- Address any problems or complaints that may arise quickly and amicably
- Forecasting and budgeting financial impacts of logistical impacts
- Analyze data and consider performance modifications and implement improvements
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply chain, Project Management or relevant field
- Previous work experience in industrial logistics or project management
- Experience and proficiency in standard logistics software
- Have an understanding of budget and money. Be able to forecast logistical requirements.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize work, delegate, and meet deadlines
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- $50.00 - $60.00 per hour
- Full benefits after probationary period (medical, dental, paid vacation, paid sick leave, etc)
- Working with a high functioning and inclusive team
- Possible contract extension or permanent employment
If this is something you'd be interested, you can respond to this ad with your resume, no cover letter required!