Visit our Return to Work Program page for Site Access and Contact Tracing solutions built around a COVID-19 specific HR policy framework
IT Support Technician Administration
Edmonton , Alberta Nov 20, 2020
General Bank of Canada is a schedule 1 chartered bank headquartered in Edmonton, launched in 2005 that assists Canadians with their auto and commercial loan needs.
A family run organization and part of the Wheaton Group of Companies, General Bank has helped Canadians across the country with their auto loan needs and more recently with commercial lending and aviation financing. In 2019, General Bank of Canada was recognized as an employer of choice, as the organization was named to the 2019 and 2020 list of Best Workplaces in Alberta!
Reporting to the Director, IT, the IT Support Technician is responsible for the day-to-day support of the Information Technology infrastructure at GBC. The IT Support Technician helps uphold, maintain, and resolve IT issues that come through the GBC’s support ticketing system. The IT Support Technician is required to support in all areas of IT and assist with general desktop and network inquiries for the Bank and/or its clients. The IT Support Technician helps install information technology systems and networking equipment (when necessary), while also assisting in troubleshooting IT related problems with a system. Additional responsibilities are outlined below;
● Responsible for the 1st line of IT help desk support and new account creation, be the main point of contact for support for all levels, contacts and desktop support.
● Prioritize IT business needs by monitoring and remediating the IT system for automated messages and end user tickets.
● Ensure timely recording, tracking, escalation, and resolution of end-user technical problems and requirements. Support accurate IT reporting by logging requests, issues, and changes into the IT system,
as well as, keeping documentation in the ticketing system.
● Manage software and hardware updates as required in order to improve internal IT services to employees.
● Make recommendations on efficiency improvements and changes to IT infrastructure to better accomplish GBC system goals
● Support with IT project work such as; new software, office changes, and new hire training as required.
What you Bring to the Table:
The IT Support Technician will have 2+ years of IT support desk experience an understanding of IT security and issues is required. The following are required competencies for the role;
● Diploma, Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology is required, or significant related experience
● Strong competence in the Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office
● Experience with Linux and Apple operating systems
● Experience with enterprise networks is required, Cisco experience is preferred
● Demonstrated hardware and software knowledge is required
● Demonstrated hardware and research skills is required
What We Offer:
As a valued employee of GBC, you will receive the following:
● Competitive salary + benefits package including extended health, dental and vision coverage
● RRSP Matching Program
● Work-Life Fit
● Great Downtown Location
● Onsite Gym
● Rooftop Patio to enjoy lunches + company events
Interviews are taking place right away and cover letters are not required.