Do you want to feel right at home, even in the warehouse?
TPD is an industry leader in connecting employers and employees. We are looking for an experienced Shipper/Receiver to join one of Canada's leaders in the contemporary furniture industry. Located on Annacis Island, BC, they are expanding and are looking to bring in a hard-working and reliable team member.
With over 50 stores, from BC to Quebec, they are a proud Canadian company that offers modern furniture and home decor. They are all about making their customers and employees feel right at home.
This is a full-time, Monday-Friday opportunity with a set day shift of 9am-5:30pm and a pay rate of $16.50/hour to start.
- Assist furniture division of warehouse with shipping and receiving.
- Load and unload containers and trailers.
- Operating standard warehouse machinery including forklift(s), pallet jacks, dollies.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Work in accordance with account specific Standard Operating Procedures at acceptable productivity levels.
Your skillset ideally includes:
- Prior warehouse material handler or distribution experience preferred but not necessary.
- Physically be able to lift 50lbs+ with demonstrable previous experience in heavy lifting.
- Strong work ethic and wanting to contribute to a team environment.
- Positive attitude, high energy, self-motivated individual who demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
- Safety conscious, attentive, punctual, dependable.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, positive, and fun work environment with a Canadian-owned-and-proud-of-it company
- $16.50/hr to start, higher for candidates with OFA 2
- Eligible for benefits at 90 days (GWL, Medical, dental)
- RRSP matching up to 50% upon completion of probation
- Stable full-time hours, 9:00AM - 5:30PM (30 minutes unpaid lunch, two paid 15 minute lunch breaks)
- A very generous employee discount plan
- Opportunity to expand your skills by providing in-house forklift certification & tuition reimbursement
- Advancement & career growth
This is an incredible opportunity to build a career. Our client offers a number of personal and professional growth opportunities within the company, such as in-house certification, inclusive welcoming culture, and the ability to move up the ladder. This is also a Temp-to-hire opportunity! For the right candidate, after 1 month, they will be brought on as a full-time employee.
If you're looking for the next step in your warehousing career and this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply with your resume today!