Our client, a leading manufacturing company, is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join their team in Toronto.
The Human Resources Business Partner will act as the primary Human Resources and Labour Relations point of contact for specific client group(s) within the organization. The successful candidate will guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs for specified client groups, ensuring consistent delivery in alignment with the HR Director and overall organizational vision and business strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Provides HR Generalist support for identified client groups in a variety of key HR areas; including, but not limited to recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, performance management, as well as training and development and succession planning.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of human resource policies; ensuring all policies in place are in adherence to legal and regulatory standards.
- In alignment with the HR Director, assists in the development of a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and exemplary performance - never losing sight of creating a culture of collaboration and respect.
- Acts as trusted advisor to the client group’s employees; ensuring that all employee relations issues are managed and communicated effectively, and that processes and systems are set up to provide client groups with the tools needed to support the business.
- Acts as an advisor to managers within the client group(s) to ensure that organizational processes, skills, and competencies are in place to deliver business results over both the short and long term.
- Assists with the interpretation and administration of the collective bargaining agreement; providing effective coaching and advisement to Managers within the client groups.
- Prepares and analyzes HR reports related to resourcing, turnover, disability, and safety in order to develop action plans which address gaps and areas of improvement.
- Evaluates employee needs and creates support strategies in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and company policies.
- Undergraduate degree in a related area as well as a CPHR or CHRL designation.
- 5 plus years of HR Generalist experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Previous union experience.
- Proven HR, operational, and strategic capabilities combined with solid business acumen and financial discipline.
- Broad HR experience in areas including employee and labour relations, recruitment, performance management, training, succession planning, and Human Rights compliance.
- Strong track record of developing and implementing a cohesive set of HR policies and procedures within a manufacturing organization.
- Extensive knowledge of both Provincial and Canadian Labour and Employment Laws.
- Demonstrates excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a strong commitment to business process improvement, with a focus on efficient delivery of HR services.
- Embraces technology as a tool to enhance management practices, increase productivity, and optimize the level of service delivery.
- Exhibits strong personal values, integrity and hands-on work habits and is comfortable in an industrial setting.
- Brings an ability to 'think outside the box'; has a proven track record of creative problem-solving and consensus building skills necessary for addressing sensitive business problems.
- Energetic with a strong work ethic; exhibits contagious enthusiasm while projecting a level of maturity required in a human resource position.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN
- Strong Compensation ($120K to $155K)
- Full extended health and benefit plan
- Great task diversity and unique challenges
- And more!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!