On behalf of our client, a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with offices throughout Western Canada, we are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the engineering business group in Surrey, BC.
This is a full-time permanent position and an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly and supportive environment.
The role of the administrative assistant is to ensure efficient and timely day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of the engineering group. Extensive software skills with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe, PowerPoint, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required. The Administrative
Assistant will be responsible for supporting corporately a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program that the organization plans to introduce, as well they may also be required to maintain various social and professional websites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistants perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Use computer word processing, proposal preparation, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and other documents
- Maintain a company-wide CRM database system from inputting of data, data management, client follow-up, client surveys, and reporting
- Sort and prepare incoming and outgoing mail and courier deliveries
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Liaising with administrative staff in other branch offices of the company
- Maintain and update the company website and various other social and professional websites
- Provide administrative support to management and other staff
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Post-secondary education in general studies, business, computers, or office management is a strong asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- MS Word
- Typing: 60 wpm+
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in all the following:
- Behave Ethically and Professionally: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
: $42K to $50K plus strong benefits package
Interviews are taking place right away and cover letters are not required.