Our client, a highly established and growing international company in the food manufacturing and distribution industry, has a rare opening for a Supply Controller to join their dynamic team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing, including preparation of inventory adjustments and departmental allocations
- Ensure a reliable accrual process for production costs (Energy, overtime, temps, holidays…) and supply chain (transportation, 3PL…) to ensure costs are booked on the proper period
- Lead annual budget and planning cycle, setting out timelines and managing participants to stay on plan
- Lead the process of regularly updating financial forecasts and explaining variances from operating plans
- Assist in preparing and presenting reporting on budgets and interim financial performance
- Work with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to confirm inputs and credibility of final transformation and logistics cost budgets and forecasts for Toronto plants.
- Support the preparation of production facility annual budgets and reforecasts
- Design cost centers structure and maintain routings in the ERP (in connection with planning and production)
- Assist the Controller with transformation activities associated with process re-engineering and ERP implementation.
- Ensure standard costs are updated in the ERP on a regular basis
- Improve, develop and maintain the organization’s financial models to continually improve planning and analysis
- Continually analyze and evaluate financial reporting tools and processes with a view to optimizing the delivery of timely and accurate financial information
- Foster and support continuous improvement projects to improve our products, services, or processes that will streamline work and reduce waste in our manufacturing facilities.
- Monitor and report Toronto plant cost centre performance compared with forecasts/budgets and prior year to the Controller.
- Track indicators for inventory obsolescence and prepare inventory obsolescence write-off support documents for approval by Controller and CFO.
- Be a real business partner for VP of operations, be a leader and a proactive member of the management team
- Support operations to understand the decisions made around processes and costing and the effects on financial performance
- Analyze monthly production spending
- Develop, implement and monitor daily, weekly and monthly KPIs. Work with key operations and sales leads on through-put measures, yields, pricing, and other key measures
- Work with department managers to ensure that all operating departments understand the financial implications of their decisions
- Assist in maintaining the operations departmental costing model
- Lead the stock take strategy (from annual stock take to cycle count)
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard costing allocations and application rates
- Provide ROI and other analysis of potential investment opportunities and help guide decision process
- Follow-up capex projects and perform post mortem analysis in conjunction with the CFO & Controller.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Education in Business or Finance discipline
- Advanced system skills to extract and manipulate data from multiple systems/sources.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Excel (VBA) and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other departments and build strong working relationships, combined with an approachable disposition.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic learner and proactive individual with the ability to effectively manage various projects concurrently
- A results-oriented individual with excellent problem solving and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality results within specified time frames.
- Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial spirited, fast-paced and changing workplace environment with a desire to make a strong impact on the business.
- Must have excellent initiative, be a self-starter with a keen attention to details.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation ($80K to 90K)
- 10% Bonus
- Extended benefits
- RRSP matching
- Job security
- Supportive colleagues and leadership team
- and more!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!