TPD is currently supporting our clients in their search for a Junior Application Developer to join their team in Vancouver.
iGPS (Grammaticus Platform Solution) is a leading learning program in North America with a presence in Vancouver, Europe, and Asia. We have two thriving campuses in Vancouver while also running an innovative virtual program since 2017. iGPS owns an innovative curriculum that has supported thousands of students from G1-G12 as well as the university. Our staff hail from all over the world as they teach both in-person and virtually.
An innovator in the private education sector, iGPS attracts students and staff who expect much for themselves, are very driven, and are results-oriented. We instil in our students a love for learning, a deep passion for the Humanities, and an appreciation for critical thinking.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will be responsible for
- Serving as an iOS or Andriod development expert and a key contributor to our mobile business
- Contributing to the functional design and architecture of customer-facing, high trafficked mobile applications-
- Confirm requirements, coding, testing, analysis, design, definition, development, and implementation of mobile application
- Building complex iOS/Andriod Applications; assist in web frontend development, bug fixing;
- Ensure expectations are met and work within tight project management schedules in an Agile development environment
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Full-cycle development experience with mobile applications (iPhone or Android)
- 1+ years of experience with Swift, Kotlin, or Java;
- Experience with Git, SQL, XML, JSON, and Web Service;
- Knowledge of web service technologies and services (specifically REST APIs);
- IOS and/or AWS experience (both are a plus, with no hesitation to jump in and learn a new platform if required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical person;
- UI Design experience for mobile or the web;
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN
- Very competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth
- Flexible working hours and schedule
- Ability to work remotely and in-person
- All the of tools and materials you will need to get the job done including a computer and software access
We look forward to receiving your resume.