TPD has been retained to resource an experienced HRIS Project Manager for a private equity firm with multiple subsidiaries operating in a variety of niche markets across the country. Given the private and confidential nature of the work, information about the firm will be shared upon short-listing of candidates.
The HRIS Project Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of an enterprise wide HRIS system; including but not limited to the development of an RFP, vendor evaluation and selection and ultimate implementation of a system across a diverse portfolio of companies.
Victoria, BC, Calgary, AB or Toronto, ON
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with Project Sponsors and key stakeholders to refine and develop the HRIS project charter(s), workflow breakdown, project schedules and milestone plans, risk registers, communication plans and other required project management material deemed required for successful HRIS project implementation.
- Leads the development of an RFP (Request for Proposals) for the implementation of the enterprise-wide HRIS system.
- Provides full-cycle project management from RFP development through to vendor evaluation, selection and implementation of a CORE HRIS system.
- Plans, coordinates, and collaborates with IS/IT, HR and Operational staff/management project leads through the appropriate phases, as deemed required for successful system implementation.
- Serves as liaison between Human Resources, IIT/IS, departmental users and all stakeholders in the business to define and identify business requirements and potential solutions then works with I.S. to further refine solutions.
- Develops and ensures adherence to project timelines (schedules), scope, budget and risks.
- Maintains project documentation, produces status reports and communicates status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Organizes and leads project teams and works collaboratively with the project sponsors to meet project goals.
- Coordinates and facilitates project team meetings, including agenda preparation, documentation of meeting discussions, and follow up items.
- Provides ongoing communication to the team about project decisions.
- Gathers status input from team members, maintains the project schedule and publishes status reports to project and stakeholders.
- Escalates “at risk”; tasks or issues in accordance with the developed project risk register and mitigative procedures.
- Identifies, documents, communicates, tracks and resolves issues to help the team meet project objectives.
- Schedules and facilitates post implementation reviews, lessons learned exercises, project closure activities.
- Tracks and reports team hours on a regular basis.
- Attends and participates in HRIS conferences and seminars to ensure best-in-class project implementation and ongoing management.
- Degree or Diploma in IT, Business, HR Systems or a related field and/or a minimum of 10+ years’ related work experience in systems implementation.
- 5+ years’ experience managing large scale HRIS project implementations of moderate to advanced complexity.
- Certificate or Diploma in Project Management along with a PMP designation is required.
- Proven expertise in the successful implementation of HRIS systems across diverse enterprise conglomerates.
- Experience dealing with varying stakeholders of different levels of experience and knowledge of system implementation.
- Expertise in leading teams and managing personnel.
- Experience in requesting proposals, reviewing bids, selecting ‘best’ in class vendors as well as negotiation of contractual terms, dealing with deficiencies, etc. Proven expertise in contract review and negotiation as it pertains to vendor management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including, MS Project.
- Strong work ethic, customer service focus, and positive “can do” team attitude.
- Ability to respond to situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to draft comprehensive written reports.
- Ability to manage and maintain private and confidential information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Honesty, integrity and being intellectually curious are required personality traits.