Our client, a global marketing consulting company, is seeking a Technical Operations Manager to join their team.
The Technical Operations Manager oversees and executes the day-to-day activities of the “Tech Ops” department, ensuring that all systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Monitoring servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues in application and Infrastructure.
- Overseeing upgrades, installations, and service improvements.
- Negotiate with vendors to secure IT/network products and services
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including servers, routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, VOIP or other phone systems, virtual machines etc.
- Assess and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Manage, monitor, and maintain all backups and restores and develop/test recovery and restore procedures
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
- Set up, maintain and remove user network accounts where appropriate and establish policies and routines to maintain best-practice user management
- Carry out routine network security maintenance and manage spyware/malware
- Maintain and manage asset management platform including any mobile device management systems
- Proactively suggest and implement new software, hardware and technologies to support, streamline processes and support organizational objectives.
- Document and maintain all IT infrastructure issues and resolutions
- Disaster Recovery Planning and execution
- Review, consolidate all technical vendors/contracts and renegotiate where possible
- Manage/implement all cloud based infrastructure systems including (G-Suite, Google Cloud, AWS, Office365) etc.
- Other tasks/projects as required by management
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or in a similar discipline
- Experience in the field of technical operations or as an IT technician
- Time management Skills: Managers of technical operations are well versed in coordinating technical processes to ensure timely completion of projects
- Budgeting Skills: They are able to prepare and manage operations budget to achieve set objectives
- $90K to $105K
- RRSP matching
- Extended Health Benefits
- Lots of room for career growth
- And more!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!