Our client, a large private equity company with multiple subsidiaries, is seeking a Senior Human Resources Specialist to join their team.
Reporting to the HR Director, the Human Resources Specialist will support the coordination of Human Resources services, policies, and programs to ensure consistent development, implementation, and alignment across the group of companies.
The position is also highly involved in the implementation of the new HRIS system.
This growing company has an opportunity for someone to join one of their offices in Victoria, Calgary, Vancouver, or Toronto.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Supports the review and continuous improvement of HR programs including, but not limited to recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, performance management, and succession planning to ensure alignment, where needed, across the group of companies.
- Supports the development and execution of HR policies and training programs to ensure legislative compliance and alignment across the group of companies.
- Acts as a key project team leader and is accountable for the successful implementation of an enterprise-wide HRIS system; inclusive of full-cycle project management support from RFP/RFI development through to vendor evaluation, selection and implementation.
- In business units where an existing HR function does not exist, assists the Human Resource functions such as recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, performance management, training, and development as well as offboarding.
- Develops and executes various HR analytical reports with the objective of reviewing key metrics and assisting HR and Business leaders in making strategic HR decisions.
- Supports the group of companies from an HR perspective during merger & acquisition/divestiture activity as they arise.
- Supports the development of an overall enterprise culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance all the while never losing sight of creating a culture of collaboration and respect.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Previous HR experience gained in a spectrum of different types of organizations in a hands-on, business advisor role.
- Holds a relevant Undergraduate degree and CPHR designation.
- Experience with an enterprise-wide (multi-subsidiary) HRIS implementation project.
- Exhibits human resource, operational, and strategic capabilities combined with solid business acumen and financial discipline.
- Has a strong track record of supporting the development and implementation of a cohesive set of HR policies and procedures in a multi-organization environment.
- Is a strong generalist with broad HR experience in areas including employee and labor relations, recruitment, performance management, training, communication, succession planning, and Human Rights compliance.
- Has extensive knowledge of both Provincial and Canadian Labour and Employment Laws, preferably in multi-provincial jurisdictions.
- Demonstrates solid communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a strong commitment to business process improvement, with a focus on efficient delivery of HR services.
- Embraces technology as a tool to enhance management practices, increase productivity, and optimize the level of service delivery.
- Exhibits strong personal values, integrity, and hands-on work habits – is comfortable in an industrial setting.
- Brings an ability to 'think outside the box'; has a proven track record of creative problem-solving and consensus-building skills necessary for addressing sensitive business problems.
- Is highly energetic with a strong work ethic.
- Understands that HR is a service provider to the business units and HR success comes from getting to know the workforce.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive salary ( $80K to $120K, dependent on experience)
- Strong benefits
- RRSP matching
- Work/Life Balance
- Highly stable organization with strong job security
- Dynamic and collaborative working environment
- And more!
Interviews will be taking place immediately, please apply with your resume (cover letter not required)
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your resume.