Our client, an established Canadian company focused on sustainable manufacturing, is seeking a Manufacturing Cost Accountant to join their team in Langley.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop annual (and ad hoc) product cost standards in partnership with the operations group. Costs need to be accurate and developed on time.
- Develop and maintain the accuracy of product master and recipes within their ERP system.
- Accurately complete monthly accounting duties related to financial statement preparation based on set timelines.
- Creation and analysis of monthly and yearly reports
- Ensure the accuracy of their inventories at all times.
- Must work as both leader and teammate to accomplish goals, whether accounting or operations related.
- Daily involvement with the operations group as a “hands-on” member of the team.
- Ensure employees are following their Plant Accounting related SOP’s (standard operating procedures) in accordance with our internal controls.
- Provide back up for others within the Plant Accounting group.
- Complete continuous improvement projects and activities involving both administrative and operational processes
- Assist with generating annual plan
- General office & purchasing supervision including monitoring of essential inventories required for operations
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Past costing experience
- Accounting education/work experience
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Green Belt Certified/Lean Manufacturing training preferred (not required)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive salary ($70K to $80K, depending on experience)
- Bonus structure (10%)
- Highly energetic management and technical team
- Strong benefits package and 4% RRSP matching
- Being a part of a socially and environmentally responsible company
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!