We are looking for shunt drivers with a Class 1 or 5 license with air brakes that are interested in a great full-time opportunity in New Westminster. This fantastic opportunity allows you to grow within the organization, weekly pay, and the chance to utilize your driving expertise!
New West (Queensborough)
North Delta (River Road)
As a Shunt Driver, your duties would include:
- Safe and efficient movement of trailers in and out of dock doors to warehouse yard
- Maintain routine communication with dispatch/yard control regarding the placement of trailers
- Loading & unloading of 50-pound boxes
The ideal driver will possess:
- Valid Class 1 or 5 drivers license with air brakes
- Driving experience and clean driving record
- 3 months Shunt and/or truck driving experience an asset
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Thrive in a physically demanding & time-sensitive atmosphere
- Ability to maneuver the truck in tight spaces
Join the fantastic team as a Shunt Driver and benefit from:
- Competitive Compensation: $22-24 per hour (depending on license class and shift) + bonuses ($20-50) per shift
- Diverse duties
- Weekly pay
- Opportunity for long term and union position
To apply, submit your resume, no cover letter required. We would love to hear from you!
Interviews will take place immediately!